Thread: Manual radio presets on KDC-BT8141U - how? :)

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Manual radio presets on KDC-BT8141U - how? :)

OK I'm stumped. I cannot fathom out how to set manual radio presets on my Kenwood BT8141U head unit.

I can tune the radio fine, then spin the control button/dial (right-hand side one) to bring up the preset list (1 through 6 available) but the manual is useless in respect of actually setting e.g. Radio1 to be Preset1.

I can do an automatic preset config which works, but it doesn't pick up all the radio stations I listen to on occasion - am I being really thick?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nry View Post
    OK I'm stumped. I cannot fathom out how to set manual radio presets on my Kenwood BT8141U head unit.

I can tune the radio fine, then spin the control button/dial (right-hand side one) to bring up the preset list (1 through 6 available) but the manual is useless in respect of actually setting e.g. Radio1 to be Preset1.

I can do an automatic preset config which works, but it doesn't pick up all the radio stations I listen to on occasion - am I being really thick?
    I'm not sure exactly, but if you into the menu when in the tuner source, there is an option called seek mode or somthing. On mine there are two options. Obivously you always save your presets on the 1-6 numbers, but if you use the prev/next buttons, you can skip directly between presets or through the frequency, depending on which option you selected.

I'll have a look in the 8141 manaul and I'll confirm with you.
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Usually with Kenwood headunits you press and hold the menu button then scroll through the settings until you see Auto1, when you see that adjust it through Auto2 then onto manual
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Usually with Kenwood headunits you press and hold the menu button then scroll through the settings until you see Auto1, when you see that adjust it through Auto2 then onto manual
    Yup, that's what I meant, couldn't remember what they were called. Thanks!

Well I played for about 45 mins at the shop today lol, and I found out how to do what nry is asking. Told him over MSN so I think he's sorted
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I had to sign up to ask this question as I'm a bit stumped with the radio presets too so anyone who has this unit or something similar may be able to answer.

I have 6 stations stored as presets but when I turn the control knob to select one I expect to see the names of all the stations stored as presets rather than "Preset 1, Preset 2,.......6".

Do you get a list of station names stored as presets or do you also just get the preset slots and don't know what station is stored in which until you actually select it ?

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi jeff

i used to have this unit, until some kind soul decided to break in and take it.

unfortuantly the best it will do is show present 1, 2, 3 etc, and there is no way of changing it.