Thread: Working laws

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Working laws

If you have been working for more than 6 months, have no contract (don't ask), is the employer bound in anyway to give you the hours you have been doing for the 12 months you have been there.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    last time i heard, even if there isn’t a written contract, by 2 parties ie you and the employer, there is a contact in place if you have been paid and received payslips, but that is more health & safety reasons i believe. however if you joined the company and agreed a set amount of hours, i think you will be on shaky ground to try and prove it and to make your employer to continue with those hours unless it was put in writing. Always get stuff in writing, if the employer wont then be prepared for this sort of thing. I would contact citizen’s advice as they should point you in the right direction.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this happened to me, i done my apprenticeship with a nation wide compony and when i finished they kept me on 6 months contracts for 3 years then when my last contract ran out i was told carry on working as they are giving me a full contract and the area manager will be up with it in a week or so, 12 months later still nothing so i left and the had the check to say i was being un-resonable

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    there is still a contract in place even if you don't have anything in writing.

however... changes to any terms of your contract don't necessarily have to be in writing either - so basically they don't have to notify you of cutting your hours

more info here:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ns/DG_10028079
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any employer can reduce you hours for business needs IE if the company is going under etc.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ta for the replys