Thread: Courtenay or Regal?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Courtenay or Regal?

Hi all im quite new to this site and I own an astra 888, I would like to do some work to the engine but don't know which parts to go for, I want good parts so narrowed my choice down to either courtenay sport or regal. The mods I intend to do is a full blue silicone hose kit and and front mounted intercooler. I already have the VXR turbo and actuator, k and n panel filter, dump valve and NGK spark plugs but I would like to try and get the car upto around the 300bhp mark, I was going to get the silicone hoses from courtenay sport and also the front mounted intercooler and then take the car in to be tuned, but I cant decide which one is best (courtenay or Regal) can anyone advise?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the only proven answer in this timeless debate is to go to the one thats nearest

theres more than just courtenay and regal these days but IMO i dislike Regal and hate one of the others with a vengance so would only go to Courtenay - thats just my opinion though

personally if i was in ur situation id source all your bolt on parts yourself - fit them ur self or even a local fitter if u get stuck - then just pay courtenay/regal/whoever for the ecu remap

for instance I paid £95 for my intercooler as opposed to the £600 or so the big tuners charge - it needed a little bit of modding to fit but still would never spend that much an an intercooler - whether its plug and play or not.

Might want to consider doing something similar

each to their own though - do ur research is what i would say then ultimately choose the one closest - if anything goes wrong u dont wanna be travelling to the furthest one away etc

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow WARDY25 On Twitter Add WARDY25 on Facebook
    im going courtenay too mate, you'll need vxr injectors too and a uprated actuator from vourtenay, i keep hearing mixed stuff about regal, like higher than they are estimates with power but ya never know, i had corsa done back in 2006 and was ok tbh tho from there, they also recommend a vzr a/f meter too but i dont think its essential
    ASTRA 'J' 330 SRI CDTI RST

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow WARDY25 On Twitter Add WARDY25 on Facebook
    geordie bandits right with maybe a universal cooler too, bolt all ya own stuff on and its a case of whose closest
    ASTRA 'J' 330 SRI CDTI RST

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    agree with wardy25 and georgie...definatly source all the parts urself mate...its much cheaper, then all you would need is a map...i have done exact same process...and sure a lot of people on here have done as well
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    or theres mpg which provide the same service as regal a bit closer you would also probably need vxr afm and injectors to get around 280-290bhp

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a phase 1 map on my old coupe turbo the car was fine but im going to drive to courtneys this time for my remap, I really fancy the remap on my car not a the same map from regals...
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    the rolling road Day at AMD some people with courtenay sport cars had a spin in my car and liked the mapping over the CS4 car they had
    I have had both maps an still do the courtenay sport ECU sits in the garage as it makes my engine run lean not good at all

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    the only proven answer in this timeless debate is to go to the one thats nearest

theres more than just courtenay and regal these days but IMO i dislike Regal and hate one of the others with a vengance so would only go to Courtenay -
    can i take a stab in the dark at what the other tuners is

call both companys an see what they say
    also look at MPG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's so many companies out there that you really don't need to stick to so called vauxhall tuners. Having said that i'd really look around at what you want and where you can get it from. Plus doing as much as you can is always cheaper.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast