Thread: ecu question

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ecu question

hey yall. i think this is in the riht section but i need a new ecu and have been quoted by vaux £366 inc immobiliser programming and fitteng etc. saw a new ecu on ebay with new key and boot/door/ignition barrels and other bits for about £115. will this save me a few ton and means i dont have to get it re programmed?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...1%7C240%3A1318
    2000, 1.6 8v, 148k miles-156k now 160k and not far off dyeing. Oh and still growing. -There may be spelling mistakes in my posts but at least you still understand it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think that as long as its the same ECU and same engine/car as what you've got at the moment then it would work. I cant see why you'd want the locks etc, just put the immobiliser chip from the key into your key.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    That looks to be everything you need for a complete swap

Yes agreed that you don;t need to swap locks at all but the important transponder pick up is there that you do need to swap over
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    brilliant cheers fellas forgot about that ikle chip in the key fob saves alot of meessing about with barrels, and has saved me over £200 at this time of year anyways.
    2000, 1.6 8v, 148k miles-156k now 160k and not far off dyeing. Oh and still growing. -There may be spelling mistakes in my posts but at least you still understand it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Make sure you also get the immobiliser code with that kit as well.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it was me id spend an extra £100 and get your old one refurbished by ecu-testing.com, this comes with a 2 year unlimited warranty. Buying a second hand one you could run into the same problem a month down the line and have to get it fixed again.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    true budda, im actually undecided tbh i will see what the new year will bring prob with a few massive hints to family

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    If it was me id spend an extra £100 and get your old one refurbished by ecu-testing.com, this comes with a 2 year unlimited warranty. Buying a second hand one you could run into the same problem a month down the line and have to get it fixed again.

vaux in rochdale new ecu £185+vat and then £125 +vat for fitting and reprogramming the immobiliser and stuff.

total £366.25 inc vat.

the ecu-testing will refurb for £250+vat plus postage costs (£300 ish inc vat, postage)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try and get them to do it at trade prices, got mine done for £250 all in including vat and postage, dont forget it comes with a 2 year warranty were vauxhall only provide a 1 year warranty with their new ecus.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    will give them a ring after crimo and see what they say. cheers again budda and merry crimbo to all that read