Thread: yeah ha! New mod....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah ha! New mod....

So, as time is a critical issue at the mo, I decided to get the car remaped to stage3 before completeing the other mods I have planned. So having tried various maps from the different tuners I decided that I preferred the TMS map. So after a chat with John it was all decided and it was off to TMS to get the map done...

The car was RR before and after. The before figure was up on standard which I expected which kind of bears out the result I had before.

Anyways the map was customised for my car being as it had non standard parts (for TMS maps), and loaded onto the car. I also got a Bluefin not so much for the ability to take a map off and put it on, but for its diagnostic features and more importantly for me its ability to immobilse the car (this will come in handy when I am on my travels).

So enough babble and on to the graph

So 289.2HP and 340.3 lbFT, which considering that the cat back is the standard VXR system, not bad at all. More importantly the graphs are reletively smooth but with the complete exhaust system on should smooth out even more.

Lastly a thanks to everyone @ TMS for also for diagnosing the Turkey noise (split diaphram) which actually sounds like a bird chirping noise, and fixing it (Daz) under warrentee. Top job/mod and an enjoyable day.

So no mention of how it drives? Simple I already knew, mental with the sport button on, economy saving with it off. Exactly what I expected. I even managed 34mpg on the way home (31mpg on the way there) and that was caning it a bit with the sport button on for 90% of the time.

Oh and the roar now is unbelievable under acceleration!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Excellent result Basil,bet you're well pleased.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Awesome mate, i like the fact you can have it on the sport button, more of a super power button though now really

Are you going to try and go after the 300?

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one Basil
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not wanting to be dense, or smart, but didnt your car get rolling roaded after you had the exhaust fitted at over 280bhp????

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Good one.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    pleased you have made the decision and got it done, i know it was a real big thing for you to have done.

Glad you are happy mate
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesAstra View Post
    Awesome mate, i like the fact you can have it on the sport button, more of a super power button though now really

Are you going to try and go after the 300?
    In short no. But as was mentioned to me, I was only using 97Ron fuel and I have the standard cat back so it was suggested once the exhaust is changed and if I use T99 then 300 is highly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Not wanting to be dense, or smart, but didnt your car get rolling roaded after you had the exhaust fitted at over 280bhp????
    Yes not far off, having said that different rolling road different day and different fuel used (Shell V Power 99Ron then, Sainsbury's finest now 97Ron (intentionally mind you)) and really I see figures for what they are estimates. What they do show is how the car is running more significantly by the shape of the power curves, and this one is smooth. Having said that there is a slight blip in the 3900rpm to 4300rpm range but I expected that due to the factory cat back, but not noticable on the road. I expect this to disappear (or smooth out even more) when it gets replaced.

What has changed is the BHP is up slightly, but Torque is up significantly (67 lbFt), the ecu is not retarding power cause the intake temp is getting far to hot and most significantly is the pull through the gears. No more delay up to 2600 rpm and the boom power all at once. Just a progressive but not mad frentic pull like some maps. Exactly what I was after oh and more importantly a correct map for the tuning gear I have used, so no more the occasional emissions light coming on.

Now yes I am aiming to get the car RR at the original RR that I used for my first figures as I want to see what it shows from that RR.

Mat I will give you a call tomorrow as I need to ask you something.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah thought that, just thought I was imagining things with the previous printout. Totally agree though, rolling roads should never be used as an accurate measuring device, mearly as a best guess. Theres to many varitions for them ever to be 100% imo. Thats why I only ever use one rolling road for my cars to gain an initial readout and then a good indication of whats happening there after. Certainly looks like a nice smooth graph though.