Thread: Cabriolet Climate Control Problems - Help Appreciated

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cabriolet Climate Control Problems - Help Appreciated

basically every now and then when i start my car up the climate control is inoperative, the demister and rear heated screen wont work and i just have regular blowers as if the roof is down...

when this is in play the roof button also wont work, its as if the car thinks the roof is already down...

my cruise control also has a mind of its own, works most of the time then goes through bouts of just not working

randomly everything just comes back on when im driving around and everything plays ball as normal

any ideas?
    im assuming everything but the cruise control is linked- maybe a sticky relay or the entire control unit - i am not sure

dont fancy taking it to vauxhall over the xmas period tho im skint enough as it is

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have only just had my car fixed now... and im £630 worse off because of it!

but you may not need to be...

my problem was a short circuit in the ECU that controls the roof...
    the £600 quid was purely for diagnostics and Vauxhall (Evans Halshaw) couldnt even be certain this was the problem.

they said they 'THINK' its that but they cant be sure, so if i buy one (at £300) they accept no responsibility if it doesnt fix it. so i paid £600 and lost my car for a whole week almost just to be told we duno whats wrong with it.

i took it to a small garage and explained the story, he confirmed to me it was definately the ECU - something Evans Halshaw refused to do and he didnt even charge me a penny.

so i bit the bullet and ordered the part from Vauxhall at £300, in FEBUARY
    , its now june and the part still hasnt come in but my scrap yard search finally payed off and i got my hands on a replacement ECU for a mere £30

fitted it and all my problems are sorted...
    as for the Evans Halshaw ECU... its still on order, and it can stay that way, as i have not paid for the unit, im not even gonna bother telling them to cancel the order, they are a complete waste of time and an incompetent excuse for a main dealer!