Thread: Advice on a broken phone

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Advice on a broken phone

Hey all just wanted to pick some of your brains hopefully. Ive got a sony ericcson on a contract on vodafone had it since january lately its playing up turning its self off etc. Is their anyway i can ring them up and perhaps blag a replacement? without getting fobbed off its my fault?. I thought maybe telling them ill cancel the direct debit if they dont replace it as im not paying a contract for a phone i cant use. Any help on this appreciated guys.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you not got it insured?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i cant remember to be honest mate but i dont think so bin told they should replace/repair it as its under 12months ?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ring them up and have a rant saying "i want a replacement" works for me with o2 they send a new phone by curiour and exchange your broken phone (i dont pay for insurance)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spudrico View Post
    Ring them up and have a rant saying "i want a replacement" works for me with o2 they send a new phone by curiour and exchange your broken phone (i dont pay for insurance)

o2 are good for that, i was payin insurance for 6months then stopped it because i tought why when i dont make a claim and guess what lol, it happen i got water in my phone stopped work and with in 48 hour they had dropped a new one off ant took the old one away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It as 12 months warranty, you generally phone up tell them it knackered, you send it back and they send a replacement as soon as yours is received, done this about 4 times with 02 when i had a N95 8GB.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well phoned them up kickd up a fuss said that i used it a couple of months ago abroad and ran up a 70quid bill which i did and that im going away again end of next month and plan on using it abroad again hoping they would send a replacement but their gonna repair it hope i get sent a replacement once they get it though lol

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Check the warranty, my new Nokia has a 24 month warranty on the handset which I believe is EU standard now, most electronic kit nowadays seems to have a 2 year warranty with the manufacturer.

But someone replied already...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your not insured unless u have a realy good reason they wont send you out a new phone, now if the phone is broken and maybe for example that there are keys falling off? then you send it for repair because its still in warranty then vodafone will send you a new phone because plain and simply they "cant be arsed" to fix it.

Ive worked for vodafone for a year nd half nd ive seen alot of customers given new phones because the part's were not in or it was unfixable(cba)
    Astra MK3

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its less then a year old take it back and get it fixed, they should do it free, theve done mine towice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast