Thread: some suggestions.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

some suggestions.

The other day i was traveling down a nice smooth road when i heard a band as if i had hit a popthole with passanger front wheel. I got out the car and the road was as smooth as a babyies arse no potholes in site. I had a good look round and all i could see was a stick on the grass at the side about 4" long and 2" high so i asummed i have ran over that. Since this as happened the steering wheel now seems to be turned slightly anti-clockwise when ime going in a straight line and it feels abit wobbly lol. I have taken it to a local garage to have a look at suspension, stearing rack and stuff and they say its all fine and solid. Wheels have no plays and springs are fine. So have you gus got any suggestions what could be causing the steering wheel to be out thanks.
    VAUXHALL ASTRA COUPE 1.8 16v BERTONE

Pics:http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=66680

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chappy View Post
    The other day i was traveling down a nice smooth road when i heard a band as if i had hit a popthole with passanger front wheel. I got out the car and the road was as smooth as a babyies arse no potholes in site. I had a good look round and all i could see was a stick on the grass at the side about 4" long and 2" high so i asummed i have ran over that. Since this as happened the steering wheel now seems to be turned slightly anti-clockwise when ime going in a straight line and it feels abit wobbly lol. I have taken it to a local garage to have a look at suspension, stearing rack and stuff and they say its all fine and solid. Wheels have no plays and springs are fine. So have you gus got any suggestions what could be causing the steering wheel to be out thanks.
    have you checked the wheel and tyre for damage and I would suggest getting your tracking checked as well