Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Troops Out Of Iraq

Finally our boys are coming home,

There's talk of an inquiry of why we got involved in the first place.

well no need for it really BLAIR/BUSH biggest ar5eh0les this world has ever know Blair you have the blood of 178 soldiers on your hands.

I just hope our future prime ministers realise we owe the yanks nothing (the second world war is over) and disown them and stop inserting there tongue up there presidents back passage.

Also we will never win in Afghanistan bring our soldiers home from there.

Thought they'd learnt there lesson in Vietnam.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hear hear
    2000, 1.6 8v, 148k miles-156k now 160k and not far off dyeing. Oh and still growing. -There may be spelling mistakes in my posts but at least you still understand it

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you not realise that the only reason the troops are being pulled from Iraq is so that forces in Afghanistan can be bolstered.

I see you have a very detailed understanding of the whole situation . It's not as easy as just pulling everyone out of the country. We're making progress in Afghanistan, and I'm confident we will win it, but it's going to be a very VERY long campaign (think Northern Ireland - maybe even longer). Afghanistan is a completely different kettle of fish from Iraq, and we're there for different reasons.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ignorance is bliss it seems,

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    Do you not realise that the only reason the troops are being pulled from Iraq is so that forces in Afghanistan can be bolstered.

I see you have a very detailed understanding of the whole situation . It's not as easy as just pulling everyone out of the country. We're making progress in Afghanistan, and I'm confident we will win it, but it's going to be a very VERY long campaign (think Northern Ireland - maybe even longer). Afghanistan is a completely different kettle of fish from Iraq, and we're there for different reasons.
    and what reason would that be Oh sorry the war on terror,
    wonder if there will be force used in Zimbabwe.

No because there nothing the for them.....

Iraq========= OIL
    Afghanistan=============Heroin prices

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's not just a,
    "We've done, everyone home"

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    ignorance is bliss it seems,
    on who's part

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think what you like Hoppy. The fact of the matter is that we're there, we're going to be there for a long time, and moaning about iton a car forum really isn't going to change things. I'm in the position where I have served in Northern Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan, and I probably will go there again. Did I like it, I'll be honest and say yes I bloody loved it, it's what I joined up to do.

IMO, until you've been out ther and experienced first hand what's happening, then you can't really make any accurate assumptions.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh dear someone else who hasn't a clue about it, oh its all oil blah blah blah blah. Iraq may well have been born from that but Afghanistan is a completely different kettle of fish as Gaz stated. Despite what you believe, probably gleened from some newspaper article somewhere we are doing lots of good over there, such as rebuilding the powerstation in a dam that the taliban saw fit to destroy as islam doesn't need electricity. The majority of afghans are happy to have us help them but they have there hands forced by the taliban, such as they target the poorest, by offering them money to come and attacks the camps etc. When i was in Iraq the Pizza Hut truck on camp got shut down as the owners was threatened by the mardi army, was gutted by that . If you really think that the only reason were in Afghanistan is because of heroin then you are slightly mad.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gazTD chill m8

btw half my family have been in the forces 'Operation Banner' got friends who have been to Afghan + Iraq,

I know someone who fought in the 1st GW when Iraq invaded Kuwait was prepared to lay his life down for them and when it was over got treated like a piece of sh1t of Kuwaitis.
    Had a school mate who got his head blown of by an Argentinian sniper in The Falklands war. (which the yanks didn't help or support us in).

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast