Thread: speeding fines.....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

speeding fines.....

if you get caught by a mobile speed camera does it HAVE to come through in 2 weeks?? or is that usually just the case? does it mean that if its longer than 2 weeks then i am free?? heard loads of tales but just wondered if anyone could tell me the crack, if thats possible? just curious as its been over 2 weeks now and haven't had anything

2.0 16
    v SRi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    from my recollection it can be upto six months, but usually is within 2 weeks
    - Black 2.0 SRi DTi Mk4 Astra -

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IIRC the NIP (notice of intended prosecution) must be sent out within 14 days or the ticket is invalid. The thinking behind the limited time was that beyond 14 days you cannot be held responsible for not remembering the details of the day the event occured on, should it go to court, thus the ticket is invalid (i think)
    Someone here will confirm though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Shortyy has it right. The intended notice of prosecution must be sent out within two weeks of the event. It can however take as long as it wants to get to you so just because two weeks since an alledged event has passed does not technically mean you are off the hook.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What Moonman said, sent within 14 days, not necessarily received within 14 days. To allow for things like people who don't update their address with DVLA. Something which lands them in all worlds of shit!!!
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    What Moonman said, sent within 14 days, not necessarily received within 14 days. To allow for things like people who don't update their address with DVLA. Something which lands them in all worlds of shit!!!
    Too right, I had a case in work the other day a customer came in ti pick up the car he had ordered to go to the continent for the weekend but forgot to bring his counterpart licence with him so naturally I had to do a DVLA check on him and it turned out that because he had not kept his licence details up to date he had been caught speeding, consequently never replied to the little green letter because he had moved house and not told the dvla so never knew it had arrived. The case went to court and as the only point of contact they had for him was his old address he never knew of the court case so was found guilty in his absence and the dvla revoked his licence until he sent it in to get the points added to it which guess what he never did because he didn't know until I told him that day. Gutted wasn't the word for it. No driving to europe that weekend for him.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly that!! Imagine their surprise when they get stopped by the police and have their car seized!! It happens!
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers guys! we'll have to wait and see then...

2.0 16
    v SRi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i always thought that it was 14 days the notice period however i keep hearing that that rules changed?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The nip has to be dated within 14 days of offence. And if it has to court they have to give you a court date with 6 months of offence. I know this from expirence. I got photoed on the motorway doing way to many miles per hour. I gopt the NIP within the 14 days. But due to a mess up with paper work they did not give me a court date before 6 months so it did not get to court so I got off scot free

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast