Thought some of the hardcore C20LET fans might be interested in this!
The characteristics of the power delivery of the C20LET engine is almost always the same, no matter which turbocharger or power stage is applied... after a big bulk of torque in the low and medium rev range the power after 5500RPM becomes less and less untill at high revs, above 6500RPM the power is all but gone, its long been time since you should have changed gear now!
This power delivery characteristic is mainly caused by the simple design of the C20LET intake, which was carried over from the early C20XE engine.
With bigger turbochargers and cams you can try to increase the power delivery at high revs, but you must set the boost pressure at a very high level at high revs to overcome the flow restrictions of the stock manifold... not exactly ideal.
This is the reason a few years ago we started to develop a brand new intake style for the C20LET engine from scratch using an oe style casting. This manifold has been a long time comming!
This Inlet is a must for those wanting 450+ bhp, and we have used it on GT35 Turbo'd engines to produce 550bhp at 8250rpm! This high rev capability is only achieved by freeing up the inlet tract with the manifold
- Massive power gain up to 60PS in the rev range above 5500RPM
- No missing tourqe or power loss at the lower rev range
- Easy mounting
- Plug and Play System with all nessesary mounting parts and gaskets
- OE mounting position of the stock C20LET throttlebody without any adapters.
- Easy use for the original C20LET or EDS 60mm Tophat and the OE TURBO plastic cover for maximum sublety!
- Very easy maintenence access for starter motor, alternator, idle control valve and knocking sensor and easy mounting for rear wheel driven cars.
Here's a before and after graph to show just how effective the manifold is!
332bhp at 6255rpms and 388bhp at 7031rpm after!
Pricing will be released shortly