Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coupe's total closure

Hey guys,

I've read many threads about this already but I can't understand what I have to do to get an total closure on my car.

I have an coupe 1.8 16v from 2000 and it doesn't close any windows if I touch my lockkey on the remote. They also don't close if I put my key in the doorlock and close it manually, hold it 10 seconds that way but it don't do anything, windows stays open.

Please give me an full tutorial of all the things that I need to be able to close my windows with the remotekey.

I would also realy appriciate if somebody can give me an full tutorial with pic's how to fit the things that makes me able to close my windows with the remotekey.

Hope you can help me,

Thx guys.. Greetzz...

Status
    Drives
    Vectra VXR + Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Add Glasgow_Stu on Facebook
    buy a total closure kit off ebay and follow the how to from site.. 30 min job.

or use the key and when u deadlock it hold the key turnd and windows will go up!
    The coupe...ITS ALIVE & back from the dead....again!
    The internet: where everybody knows everything about **** all.

become a paid member:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/payments.php

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont quite understand the problem, your windows dont close
    PSN: Stan-H-
    My Autobiography

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

look

you guys don't understand the problem, my windows don't close on the outside, no matter what I try, they don't close. clickerdeclick, hold, turn, deadlock, nothing works,

the reason why I'm asking you guys, I am afraid that such total closure module will not work because at the moment it also don't work if I try to close it manually with the key in the door.

What do you think..?

EDIT: Look here: http://www.astraownersclub.com/docum...Totalclose.pdf

It says: These units can only be fitted if, when locking the car turn the key towards the back of the car then hold the key in that position for approximately five seconds and the windows go up. If not then this kit can't be fitted,

You see what I mean guys, this is problem, my car doesn't lock if I turn my key as said in text above. I don't believe that some person's with an astra from 1999 can fit it and I with my coupe from 2000 can't... Help me!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When you press the window up and down buttons do you have to keep the button pressed in for the to fully close/open?

If not you need to reprogram the single touch function and then they should close (if left open) when you deadlock the car with the key and hold it in position.

To reporgram the windows, sit in the car with the ignition on and the doors closed. Start with the drivers window, press down (make sure the window is fully shut) until it's down and you hear a clunk, the do the same for up. Now the window should open and close on one touch of the button. The passenger door is the same, but program it from the drivers side.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oke and then..? My windows are now working with one touch but still don't close with my key, (remote and manual both not working)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you wanted to check if your car has it look on the how-to for this and you will notice a yellow/red wire on the car that a connection has to be made on. Wind your windows down and earth this wire and they should go back up again. If so all's good and you can go ahead and order one

Hope that helps.

(This is what Autosparks advised and it worked) dont sit in the car with the key in the door though you need to have opened and shut the door for it to work otherwise it will assume you are still in the car and wont want to lock you in

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope, I have a coupe too that does this. It has one touch down however you have to hold the window switch to close the window. It would appear that the early coupes had different window motors to the later models. The only way it can be done is to fit a window module for aftermarket alarms. No matter how many times you put your key in the lock and turn it fully, it will not work.

I am going to install a window module soon however I don't need it at the moment...too cold for the windows to be down.

If however you do find a fix, please let me know.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Easy answer:
    Sit in car, turn on ignition, ensure windows go down from 1 touch, ignition off, get out of car and shut door with window open, put key in lock, turn key to lock door, keep key held in turned position, keep there for 5 - 10 seconds. If windows go up you have closre and can order a box, if they don't you're stuck unless you buy a new alarm system.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    If your windows have one touch up and down then total closure will work on your car when you hold the key in the lock postion

Some early coupe's only had one touch down on the windows and these don't have total closure. Yes it's still possible to get it to work but it's a lot of work.

Normal window closers will not work on the coupe's!!!
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason