Thread: astra mk4 1.4ls

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra mk4 1.4ls

hello all out there could anyone help me with a problem with my car when you are driving the car it dies of power when you put your foot down then it bursts into life then does it again but only when cold my local ford garage told me it might be the ignition coil pack has anyone out there ever had the same problem

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome mate

have u got any warning lights on the dash?

what year is it?

you could try the DIY fault code reading method to see if theres any fault codes stored that relate to the problem

2 methods depending on how old ur car is
    98-00 models - use the good old paperclip method: http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...69&postcount=4
    (ignore the other references in this post as its lifted directly from another thread)

00-04 models - use the both pedal method: http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...78&postcount=2

My advice though would be to start off by cleaning the throttle body and EGR valve with carb cleaner (only costs about £3 from a local motor factor) and ICV (idle control valve) if its the 98-00 model

see how that works but try the code method first and report back how u get on

it could well be the coil pack and/or plugs but they can be costly so we dont want to tell u to replace things without first eliminating the common things like EGR etc

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi there everyone just had car at vauxhall today and they said my problem with my car misfiring was the oil pressure is to high and they recommended that i change the oil pump so hope that works but it was nice to be told what was exactly wrong with my car

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Oil pump wouldn't cause a misfire

Things related to car being lumpy/misfiring can be the following ( as said by Geordiebandit:-

-Clogged up throttle body
    -EGR valve sticking
    -Possibly spark plugs

What year is your Astra? if its 2000 onwards, its well easy to diagnose them... and you can't do any harm either by doing the accelerator and brake pedal test!
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have found out the problem of my misfire at long last it was a sticky valve which i managed to clear with an engine flush and a bottle of redex through the fuel system