Thread: wife has pranged the car

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wife has pranged the car

ok guys firstly sorry i haven't been more involved with the group just been one hell of a year so far and i can't seem to find the time to even scratch my arse (sorry).

basicaly my wife helen had a bit of a miss hap with the car monday morning. she was just leaving for work, turned the corner of our road, hit some ice and wen't into the kerb. she said she was going pretty slow but not slow enough i guess. anyway i need the advise of my fellow astra owners as regards to repair. the damage (i hope) isnt to bad. from what i can tell i am going to need a new bumper which i have sourced from the forums. i am also going to need a new radiator which i found on net used with 30 day warranty for £25. my main worry is the wheel alignment on the front right wheel. i hope its somthing easy to repair but knowing my luck its not gonna be.

to be honest i don't really have a clue when it comes to repairing cars but what i do know is i can't afford to be ripped of in a garage again (last time went for mot in vaux garage chippenham an was told i need a new seat belt so i told them to fix it. stupid me ended up with a bill for £100 for one seat belt plus £80 labour and £50 for mot). i feel pretty competent with the re spray of the bumper and hope the radiator won't be to much trouble.

i will need some advise though if there is anybody willing to do so or if some kind person won't mind helping a poor sod like me i would be eternally in their debt. im gonna put up some pics and if anyone can spot anything else that would be a great help. sorry for going on and on.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i cant seem to get pics up so i will post a link.
    http://s356.photobucket.com/albums/oo6/dj-coupe/

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We can do it at work if you like, with a 20% discount for you too

Or I am sure a if a mechanically minded member wanted to pop up and help then I will be more then happy to pop up and replace the parts needed in return for tea and sarnies

Pics would help too

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The wheel doesn't look like it's that far out to be honest, and the bumper doesn't look too bad either. Have you thought about repairing the bumper?

How are you going to be painting it?

Edit: By the way, it is your air conditioning condenser that is damaged, not your radiator by the looks of it. That would require a professional to re-gas the system for around a £90 charge.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tea and sarnies lol. if you could come and have a look to see the problem for yourself i will cook you a full blown roast dinner. the bumper isnt bad at all its just the bits that connect it to the car that are broken. cosmeticaly it is sound.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dj-coupe, when you say nr bath can you PM me where?

I work in Bath by day and by night at home in TroTro!