Thread: might have to bite the bullet

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry might have to bite the bullet

in one of my previouse threads it was reported that the probem was caused by either a feked up ecu or the crank sensor. Changed crank sensor got codes cleared p0607 Control Module Performance and p0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 or Single Sensor).

This lasted a week and now there back.

related problems - dimming of the headlights and lack of power when accelerating within 5 mins of starting then after 5 mins it goes back to normal.
    had alternator and batt checked there all fine.

any info would be an advantage but alternatly how much can a replacment ecu cost or a 2nd hand one to be reprogramed?
    2000, 1.6 8v, 148k miles-156k now 160k and not far off dyeing. Oh and still growing. -There may be spelling mistakes in my posts but at least you still understand it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    X16SZR ECU's are crap. Get a vaux one. That will be the problem.
    Cheap Vaux mech at your service in Herts/cambs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i didn't think any of these old ECU's were still about.

if you stick up the number on the ecu (larger letters/numbers) then i can tell you if it was in the affected bactch of faulty resistors.

i always got in the habbit of just replacing them whatever the faultcode if it was within the range, plus at the time it was all warranty so win win

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the code on the ecu is 86DBHRLG92940943 located at the bottom of the sticker. other codes are 16227049 d98003 and dbhr.

if it is one of the dodgy batch will it still be under warrenty or did it expire was produced in 2000 and yeah the engine code is x16szr
    2000, 1.6 8v, 148k miles-156k now 160k and not far off dyeing. Oh and still growing. -There may be spelling mistakes in my posts but at least you still understand it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check out http://ecu-testing.com/ and give them a call, refurbished my ECU for £250 with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty only took a few days to sort out aswell and no reprogramming needed.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alimighty View Post
    the code on the ecu is 86DBHRLG92940943 located at the bottom of the sticker. other codes are 16227049 d98003 and dbhr.

if it is one of the dodgy batch will it still be under warrenty or did it expire was produced in 2000 and yeah the engine code is x16szr

if i can still read that right 294th day in 1999, i'm sure the cutoff was 300 something or other that year, i'll check tomorrow if i remember as i've the info in my toolbox.

they did extent the warranty on these like on many other known faults but this was 6 years or 60k
    saying that due to so many ECU's being reconditioned i'm sure the price dropped below £200.

and another thing, doesn't say remanufacured on the ECU does it?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not that i saw goose will take another look in morning and let you know. cheers for help peeps

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alimighty View Post
    not that i saw goose will take another look in morning and let you know. cheers for help peeps
    If you suspect your ECU,get the car booked into VX for a diagnostics check to confirm before you start shelling out..
    I had mine diagnosed and replaced for £330 last year..worth every penny

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to be fair if it is in the affected range there would be no point in paying for diagnosis, the teltale one it the knock sensor as these almost never fail.

i'll appologise now but i forgot to look, i did get mine fixed though

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    all ECU's with a date code up to 9342 MUST be changed.

a doddle to fit so would be worth ringing up your nearest dealer to see how much. i'd say you should ecpect an hours labour

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast