Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Rooney's Income

Nice work if you can get it:

"Wayne and Coleen Rooney are reportedly fuming. And why? Well, a sports agency has taken them to court, which would already be quite irritating on its own – but to make things worse, details of the couple’s private earnings and spending have been revealed to the world in the process.

Proactive Sports Management is suing the Roos for £500,000 for what they claim is unpaid commission and credit card bills. In the process, they’ve revealed that the pair are worth an estimated £35m. “We tried to resolve this and it's regrettable we had to take this course of action,” said a spokesman for Proactive.

A spokesman for the Rooneys responded: “Wayne and Coleen are angry that this has gone to court. For Proactive to have gone to court at this stage is precipitate and unjustified.”

But on to what you really want to hear: how much do the pair earn? Well, Coleen gets £13,000 per episode for her Real Women TV show, £5,000 a month for her Closer magazine column and £41,667 a month for her magazine column in OK! magazine. Her eight-book deal landed her £283,334 and she’s made £50,000 in royalties from her first two children’s books.

And Wayne? On top of his £90,000 a week salary, the footballer rakes in £760,000 a month for image rights, £152,000 of which goes to his agent. Then there’s a piffling £118,689 every six months from computer games firm EA and a cool £1m a year from Nike.

The spud-faced nipper also made £3.55m from his five-book contract with HarperCollins and £600,000 from a four-year deal with Coca-Cola. Who’d be a footballer, eh?

The court papers also reveal some interesting stuff about the pair’s spending. Wayne splashed over £18,000 on his stag week in Ibiza, while Coleen spent a slightly more moderate £864 on food and drink for her hen weekend and £2,525 on a night out to see rubbish boyband Westlife.

Recession, what recession"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sickening read there.

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Judging by my suspect math, he earns £660k per month after tax. That isn't including the extra from the book deal and anything else not mentioned.

Pretty unbeleivable really. The bulk is obviously from the image rights. Is that just made up??? Seems well OTT.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
    Judging by my suspect math, he earns £660k per month after tax.
    I'd take another £460k a month off him as tax too so us people who actually have to work to make our money could have a lower tax. But hey, can't all have what we want now can we.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millen99 View Post
    I'd take another £460k a month off him as tax too so us people who actually have to work to make our money could have a lower tax. But hey, can't all have what we want now can we.
    Thats the attitude the government has already. Tax the people that have good jobs, so other people can laze around all day. Why should he be penalised for earning a good living

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea there isn't realistically much that can/should be done about it. the world will always be divided into many wealth classes, including the mega-rich.

Many of these guys do give a lot of their money to charities and do stuff to support local communities though so it's not all heinous.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post
    Thats the attitude the government has already. Tax the people that have good jobs, so other people can laze around all day. Why should he be penalised for earning a good living
    Yes it's a good living. But to be fair mate i'd be happy earning that every 5 years or so!!!

To have that much available money is insane. I mean 660 grand after tax. What are you going to do with it all.

I understand that some people take advantage by claiming benefits or on the dole or whatever. But not everyone is wanting to have a bit of extra cash (or to be taxed a little less) so they can sit on their arse and do nothing.

Gaps between low and high earners seem to just keep spiralling upwards so no wonder people on this kind of money are being taxed through the roof. NO job is worth that money. Not one.

Someone working for instance on minimum wage is going to be taking home around 10 to 12k a year. Not 660k a month. I don't think it would be punishment either. Just being fair.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    660k, jesus the boy has done good.
    MR2 MK2 G-Limited
    ASTRA LINEA ROSSA

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millen99 View Post
    Gaps between low and high earners seem to just keep spiralling upwards so no wonder people on this kind of money are being taxed through the roof. NO job is worth that money. Not one.
    He is only being paid £350,00-ish a month for doing his job, not 660k. The majority of the rest just comes due to his celebrity style status, and extra work like the books etc.
    I just don't think it is fair that government charge more tax the more you earn. Why penalise people for doing well in life?