Thread: Speccing a MK4 up?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Speccing a MK4 up?

Hi guys, Dont know if this is the right section and had a look on the search and couldnt find anything, so sorry if this is in the wrong section and/or has been asked before.

Anyway, was wondering if theres a definitive list of extras that can be easily added to a mk4 spec wise?

My car is a 52plate 1.6 Comfort so its fairly high spec, wood trim, air conditioning, rear electric windows, electric/heated mirrors, 3rd rear head rest, velour trim, rear reading lights etc. and being an almost top of the range car I'm guessing it should have the top of the range wiring loom with all the plugs for all the equipment it doesnt have as standard?

I'm not talking about making things fit that arent pre-wired, just want to know what items the wiring will be there for that I can simply buy the parts and "plug n play" I've already checked and have the wiring loom with plugs behind the bumper and pins in the fuse box for front fogs so they're first on the list but what else is as easy an upgrade as this?

I fancy illuminated sunvisors, auto dim rear view mirror with indirect night lighting, cruise control, will the wiring be there for these and where will I find the loose plugs taped up?
    www.cruise-ayrshire.com

Scotland's West Coast Cruise Scene.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    check the technical guides cruise control is probably all there id imagine
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/technical_guides.php

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Vauxhall are just one of those manufacturers that it might be there and it might not be. Mine is an sxi spec and didnt have wiring for anything extra but yet there has been some envoys (poverty spec) that have had wiring for every percievable extra.

So if you fancy it, check you have the wiring and check you have all the wiring too!! My old LS had wiring for front fogs under the bonnet but not behind the dash.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Extras are as follows if you have the looms or are willing to buy and fit yourself:

- Cruise Control (stalk and foot pedal sensor - you are likely to have wiring already I believe)
    - Heated Leather seats (obviously seats and then buttons - you are likely to have the wiring already)
    - Front passenger seat airbag deactivation (need correct seats, loom and tech2 for this - so probably not something you are interested in)
    - Colour Sat Nav (screen, console, control unit and aerial + loom - may not need loom, can't quite remember)
    - Climate control (can be fitted but you would need either all the parts or a donor car with them - I wouldn't bother and i doubt you would want to (although someone did on a 1.7 diesel iirc))
    - Xenons (lights, loom + ? - once again you probably aren't interested in doing this)

Not sure what else off hand but someone else may be able to advise

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2000 View Post
    Extras are as follows if you have the looms or are willing to buy and fit yourself:

- Cruise Control (stalk and foot pedal sensor - you are likely to have wiring already I believe)
    - Heated Leather seats (obviously seats and then buttons - you are likely to have the wiring already)
    - Front passenger seat airbag deactivation (need correct seats, loom and tech2 for this - so probably not something you are interested in)
    - Colour Sat Nav (screen, console, control unit and aerial + loom - may not need loom, can't quite remember)
    - Climate control (can be fitted but you would need either all the parts or a donor car with them - I wouldn't bother and i doubt you would want to (although someone did on a 1.7 diesel iirc))
    - Xenons (lights, loom + ? - once again you probably aren't interested in doing this)

Not sure what else off hand but someone else may be able to advise
    Most of the stuff on that list doesnt interest me

As I say, I would like front fog lamps and I have all the looms both in the engine bay and in the fusebox so thats first on the "spec up" list, Want the auto dim rear view mirror with indirect night lighting, illuminated sunvisors, cruise control, and would love a trip computer and auto lights/wipers however I know the computer and auto lights/wipers will need a lot of expensive parts, wiring and a lot of work.
    www.cruise-ayrshire.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can buy an auto lights system from LMF for about £30.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can the trip computer be fitted to astra coupes? is tech 2 needed for the cruise control?
    silver + Black X smooooth = EpicWin!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i thought the sports model would of been the best spec in each engine class. ive got a sxi and dont even have electric mirrors

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lmfao at danny's sxi i got a base model and its got electric mirrors and 4 times electri windows ! but i need to replace the mirrors as they dont work too well

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5853moore View Post
    lmfao at danny's sxi i got a base model and its got electric mirrors and 4 times electri windows ! but i need to replace the mirrors as they dont work too well
    Your car must be a fairly high spec luxury model like mine then as only the CDX, Comfort and Elegance got 4x electric windows,

annoys me that although the top spec Astras had 4x electric windows, electric mirrors, air con, etc. they didnt get any of the sporty features like front fogs, bigger alloys, sports seats and suspension, white dials, etc.

if you want an astra with all the sporty features and all the luxury features (except rear electric windows) you've got to buy an SRI or a GSI otherwise you dont get both.
    www.cruise-ayrshire.com