The Invisible Woman
    Drives
    Zafira
    Mentioned in
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Snow and Driving

Just been watching the tele, its looking pretty bad for alot of you this morning. We have rain (to the kids disgust)

Just be careful out on the roads guys and gals, especially on those untreated ones.
    Why not sign up and join us.
    Become a member today

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Aye not half just think extra careful about what your doing, had some twit two days ago right up my chuff then decided to overtake over frozen hatchings the silly twit nearly lost it and drove into a traffic island (and me) so yeah it aint good conditions for being a muppet
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    Liberated!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The roads around here are deadly, most of the roads are long country (un treated) roads before you get anywhere near a main road. Last time it was frosty i had some pillock messing about swerving towards me laughing WTF???

However it has snowed so i'm happy........enough to make a snowman too

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The road in Newcastle/Cramlington is really bad like. Every car is has been doing a average of 5mph and sliding sideways :O

Its not fun, i must admit, be careful people
    Astra 1.8 16v Sport
    Needed : Front Splitter PM if you've got one spare

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh but it is fun. Obviously not aound other traffic, but i love this time of year.
    Mk5 Astra 888 CDTI No.58
    "you can’t help but drive the 888 Astra hard, everywhere, constantly" - Evo Magazine.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    We have the rain too, had bad ice yesterday morning though.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    at least astras (at least mk3s) are fantastic in the snow, that's the whole reason I fell in love with them from having my first one - even up on the moors in County Durham there was never ONE day that I didn't manage to get into work due to snow - although it did stop the rest of the county from leaving their homes LOL. In colorado or sweden people wouldn't blink at the smattering of snow we get here. It isn't driving in the snow that bothers me - I've never had a problem with that at all, it's all the other idiots out there that cause the danger because they have no idea how to drive in the conditions, they are either dangerously fast (like the chav in the fiesta earlier who decided to overtake the car behind me at speed, slithering over the accumulation of snow that was in the middle of the road), or drive far too cautiously and end up doing the wrong thing as well.

So long as there aren't idiots about getting in my way and causing dangerous situations I can get about anywhere in my 2wd mk3. Unlike the taxi driver I watched from my kitchen window this morning slithering around in his new vectra, wheelspinning and sliding all over the place because he didn't know how to approach a hill properly. He gave up in the end. I just scraped ALL of the snow off my car (something else that many idiots don't bother doing) and pulled out and off I went, no problems.

This is the first time I've had a mk4 astra in snow today though (swapped the mk3 for a mk4 courtesy car at the garage while the mk3 gets some work done) and tbh she handles much like the mk3 does in the slush and ice. This surprised me because in the dry the mk4 does handle a little differently to the mk3. In these conditions they're about the same and instills confidence.

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello it was a bit icey in my road yesterday and yes i had sum fun sideways action up and down my road lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    u lucky buggers, have fun in an empty carpark tonight

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My poor astra go stuck in the snow this morning i couldnt go forwards and i couldnt reverse, the snow was about 2-3ft deep so i had to leave it and walk the rest of the way, Managed to move it now tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast