Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ideas needed by all the guys with Remapped Turbos...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ideas needed by all the guys with Remapped Turbos...

After doing a lot of work on the car this year to get it up to scratch mechanically wise, its finally paying off touchwood lol...
    my next area now is to go for a remap..which map, which stage, I am unsure of at the moment...this is where I need some help and ideas....

now at the moment, my mods are
    z20let turbo
    iridium plugs
    magnex precat, blue flame 100cel sports cat, and blue flame cat back
    2.2 airbox conversion
    front mount intercooler

I also have a brand new vxr turbo, which has yet to been fitted, so its just sitting in a box there smiling at me as my z20 let turbo only got around 22k on it and seems to be going strong still, touch wood again lol.

I want to go for a remap end of jan, early feb, so wonder which one i cud go for, and what stage etc i could run up to as I know most of you guys cars are remapped? also, i might come into some more money in feb due to awards at work etc hopefully, so any ideas would be welcome as its always an option.

after this ill concentrate on bodywork etc, so just want to finalise this...hope i didnt talk to much, just want to be sure on what to go for, as dont want to blow up me engine LOL...car done 65k, 51 plate
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stage 3 at Regal and bung on the VXR turbo when the ZLET one dies.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee gsi View Post
    Stage 3 at Regal and bung on the VXR turbo when the ZLET one dies.
    surely the z20let turbo wouldnt hack the stage 3? or would it? wont i need to upgrade afm and injectors on stage 3?
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Stage 3 uses standard AFM and injectors.

If you can get your hands on the LEH AFM + INJ you could go for the 3.5 map

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post
    Stage 3 uses standard AFM and injectors.

If you can get your hands on the LEH AFM + INJ you could go for the 3.5 map
    3.5 lol thats evil buckle...got me smiling now haha...i dont want to push the engine to much though, yeh i know it prob can hack it...but im a careful guy...just dont wana send to much power in it and it go pop...im looking for around 270-280 bhp, but want sum torque...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go for the 3.5 its safer than the phase 3 and if your worried about running full power all the time get a switch fitted which returns you to normal power.
    Arden Astra GSI - Phase 3.5

EDS Phase 3.5 288 BHP 340 FT/LB

Inlet cam and Dbilas manifold.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Go for the 3.5 its safer than the phase 3 and if your worried about running full power all the time get a switch fitted which returns you to normal power.
    oh okay...so to run phase 3.5, ill just need to get vxr afm, vxr injectors and fit my vxr turbo...
    why is phase 3.5 safe than 3? (general question)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i went 3.5, thought for extra couple of hunded quid extra than stage 3 i might as well take the engine as far is i could with the money i had, rather than go stage 3 then have to pay for it mapping again when i wanted more, like you i thought i could do the bodywork a little at a time as and when funds allowed, im really happy with the power from my car now but still cant stop thinking about steet internals and a garrett lol

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    mine is ph3.5 with vxr afm inj n turbo with power switch, and when it works its fun, 280ish bhp
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trez View Post
    oh okay...so to run phase 3.5, ill just need to get vxr afm, vxr injectors and fit my vxr turbo...
    why is phase 3.5 safe than 3? (general question)

Fueling!

Basically because the flow of the Z20LET injectors is limited they raise the fuel pressure to allow more fuel to be flowed. If an injector was to fail due to the increased duty cycle you can say bye bye engine. Also if the engine gets hot fuel is used to cool the pistons, there is not much extra left in the ZLET injectors to do this so another reason.

Phase 3.5 changes those injectors and also gets rid of the rubbish Z20LET AFM which always went wrong lol

Also Chris at Regal said the 3.5 is just a better map as EDS spent ages perfecting it, you'll find it to be very smooth.
    Arden Astra GSI - Phase 3.5

EDS Phase 3.5 288 BHP 340 FT/LB

Inlet cam and Dbilas manifold.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast