AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra mk4 heater problem

Hello, the other half has an astra 1.4 1999,

doesn't seem to be kicking out any heat,
    what controls the flow to the heater matrix (on the water side) and where is it?

I think all the control cables from the console are ok and the fan is fine but as it's dark i cant have a good look. Any help appreciated! It's going into my mechanic on Monday anyway but if there's any possible qucik fix in the meantime it would save her freezing on the way to work tomorrow.

thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the coolant is full flow through the the heater matrix..heat is varied by a flap allowing cold air to bypass the matrix...have you checked that the supply pipes are hot(to and from the heater under the bonnet)..is the temp gauge reaching normal??
    by rotating the hot/cold knob you might be able to hear the flap hitting at either end and possibly be able to see the cable and operating lever on the side of the heater box inside the car..alan

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply.

certain that the flap is working fine, not checking coolant levels,flow and return pipes etc tonight but will tomorrow. she says it was running hot so i'm suspecting coolant leak: any common ones on this engine?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if it was running hot then it could be due to a leak or failed thermosat causing coolant to be ejected via pressure relase cap..alan

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this may sound really daft, or actually not, i recently bought a van and due to lack of servicing the pollen filter had not been changed and was that shi**y and dirty it was blocked solid, thus not letting any air from the the blower through into the car, worth a try i was suprised as its the first time ive ever come across it

chris