Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rob_astraboy project 1.8 mk4 SXI

Well this was it standard a couple months ago:

A few things have changed since then
    COURTNEY stage 2 135bhp proven X18XE1
    Astra G SXI, veccy c pipe, remus center section, 4" jap style exhaust. And apparently an import

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have rims (Rota Grid in white on 17") and coilovers (slammed to lowest setting no idea on make ill be checking that out) their on it now pics to follow once i get chance to clean it properly.

To come disc (drilled and grooved) and pads (standard) need to go on as well as the strut brace for it and tinting. its going to mainly be a looker not a performer
    Astra G SXI, veccy c pipe, remus center section, 4" jap style exhaust. And apparently an import

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right its Taken a While but here is the most recent pictures these include it lowered on the rims.

ok you may be able to notice on the front alloy on the left most spoke nearest the bolts you'll see a silver blemish now thats not the camera my mate stripped the paint there when he tryed to remove the wheel (while fitting the coilovers) anyway he got a talking to but its ok cos i kerbbed them anyway they will be getting sprayedd again £100 aint bad for a full professional respray

a simple angled Veiw of it, dont those wheels look brilliant on it

Ok on this picture you can see the 4" rear pipe now the hangers for that needed cutting and welding to give it a flush fit to the rear bumper it use to hang down a full 3". Also its been debadged it still has the sticky foam on it but ive edited the image to giv the impression its been done properly yes i know its terrible but the originals been deleted

I have done a Daft thing and kerbed the wheels litterally 24 hours after putting them on and to add insult to injury ive also lost the locking wheel knut adapter so these things need sorting out before i can finish with the suspension and brake upgrades as soon as i can get the locking wheel knuts off ill get some close up pictures of the suspension and brakes

im heading to my freinds when funds allow to try and ge it drilled and a bolt removal kit on it

the centre console is in the middle of being strip down for painting as well more pics to follow on thtprolly 2moz when i fetch my tool kit down from my freinds and finish stripping it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok i have been working my erm butt off recently so i havent been able to do an update for a while but the recent mods ive got on are ive tinted the windows put a total closure box in and had the centre console painted i also bought a decent camera phone so im not nabbing my sisters anymore to take pictures so yea as soon as the car is clean and i've finished re assembling the centre console ill takes some pictures and post them hope to get that done today but its me only day off and i have lots to do...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok didn't get those pictures taken had more to do then i thought also after posting i got in touch with Courtney sport and well lemmi just say the engine is finally going to get some treatment. but thats not until may cutting it close in my veiw for the PV show i think but oh well

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok quite alot has changed since my last post I've had my back 3 windows tinted and its just been to courtney sport for an upgrade in the engine department wich im very happy with and i finally have some decent photos of the centre console after spending ages fitting it back together again.

well below are some pictures with it at courtney

ok this is me at courtney after a long 3 hour drive and 136 miles eaten i must be mad but i love my car to such and extent im willing to travle for quality upgrades i can trust i mean comon 25 years in the business and closest to me of course im going to them lol

while it was in the air the mechanic found out the multi v belt and cam belt needed changing turned out it was desperate for it lol i guess the books right then 80k (every 40k) can do that to the car. Ok so a catastrophic failer avoided

well it needed filling up with oil before going on the rolers

Here she is all strapped down and ready for the RR i tell you what the noise was epic never heard my car on full chat from the outside b4 (yup im a RR virgin or rather i was what an experiance)

i got some vids wich ill put up soon but that can wait a lil

As for the centre console that has in reality taken me 2 months to do and fit back together mainly cos im lazzy is the next pictures

doesn't look to bad if i say so my self all thats really left to do now is replace the brake discs and pads swap the tyres front and back over (because of my over exuberant driving eating the front tread) and gut and clean the inside cos its been filthy for as long as is taken me to do the console lol next post should be the vids of me motor on the dyno

oh yea almost 4got i need to scan my dyno graph print off and get that up as well wich should accopany the vids

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok video converter is being a royal pain but ill have those vids up at somepoint.. anyway update on the Cars progress i have had the drilled and grooved discs put on and now its looking pritty darn kool (well in my veiw any how lol) and im still on the bedding in period so no testing just yet pics wil follow soon

but thats pritty much itit could really do with a good clean inside now mainly cos it aint been touched since i bought it wich is 5 months ago woo thats it hoovers coming out on then next dry day off i get lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok So its only taken me nearly 5 months to get this up but finally here is a scan of my Dyno from Courtney as proof it did spin up 135 bhp

Yes this is evidence finally tht my lil old 1.8 is as powerful Bhp wise as a x20xe. Thanks to Adrian flux showing me that my premium for the next years insurance has halfed i can no look forward to modding me car again this time to sort the things that have been bugging me all year like the 4" jap exhaust tht things goda go ill need to spruce up the wheels because of kerb damage. once this has been done and ive tidied it up maybe ill change the intake manifold for a Dblias item for more power or ditch the car for another one lets just wait and see shall we..

Actually looking at the way it pits and dives during its progress to make power maybe i should investigate tht and see if i can get a smoother power curve

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well its been an age and a half since i posted on this forum so long infact i almost forgot i had a membership lol im afraid to say absolutly nothing has been done to it since my last post i just haven't had the time Work eats up so much of it that when i get home i can be bothered to Mod infact ive been repairing other peoples cars with my spare time.

still aint sorted that damn exhaust blooming thing is doin me head in how foolish i was buying it oh well with youth comes stupidity i guess lol

Things i have done:
    General maintanence oil and filter changes every 6k miles sorted me brake cable again (suspected caliper fault) to busy working so gonna have to pay someone to do the work for me.

but yea sod all to report

OH wait a minute yea i found out just today that acording to someones records my car is an import wich is news to me i was shocked the registration documents say a bloke in blackburn was the first vegistered owner and im sure he's had it from new so whats that about???

To be bruttaly onest im probly going to sell her she's been the most reliable car ive ever had but im hankering for some more grunt im looking at a 200sx next but who knows may stick with the astra's and go for a gsi

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right the problem with the light weight feeling from the rear of my car under heavy brakeing was doing my head in so i thought id get it sorted.

So the calipers were checked to see if it was the issue turns out i was wrong so thinking about the problem then relizing it was an issue to me lowering the car the brake biasing valve was checked, and sure enough it was found to be sticking so once it was replaced i took it out for a blast and found the issue had completely gone the car was much more stable and less inclinde to lose the rear under heavy braking.

I know i read something about this before i even lowered the car and never followed up on it but guys remember to get this either adjusted or checked after lowering because it can unsettle the cars brakeing balance and in my case caused the rear brakes to bind slightly due to it being worn out.

I now have the cash to buy another car so i might put this up for sale but as in my previouse post i still wanna keep it especially PVS coming up i guess ill sort the niggles and get that damn exhaust sorted

Ok ill be honest i didn't do it even though i never actually said i did it cost me £80 at the garage to get done :P