Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my job coz of the credit crunch:( anyone no any jobs going!

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Lost my job coz of the credit crunch:( anyone no any jobs going!

anything will do at the moment, im in the newport area in wales

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that mate

Im not sure where I am with my job, I find out end of december.

My dad is uncertain about his job with DPD due to woolworths going bust (one of DPD biggests contracts).

And my brother-in-law who works at B&Q is worried about cuts across the country.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its happening everywhere. I was made redundant a few weeks ago, but I fell on my feet with a better job with more money and managed to pay all my debts off with the redundancy money.

Don't just give up and sign on mate, ring up anywhere and everywhere thats what I did.

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    my mum and dad were telling me about what happaned b4 and i hope it dont happan like that again

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear about your job fella hope you do find one quick as next year will find more people without jobs.

Company's are starting to tighting their belts - our x-mas bonus etc has been stop this year, which is abit of a sh!ter but i think better then lossing my work mates.

Im just hoping i don't get my P45 next year as the mrs is due in April!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that mate. Just go around all the pubs, shops, restaurants, etc and see if they have anything going. Personally, I think in this climate it's import to keep the cash coming in and hope for the best.

I'm in the airline industry, and thankfully I'm with a very financially strong airline, but I'm still worried about my job.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    A lot of places are finding it difficult, my place is fairley secure being our main customers are councils adwe sell products for road saftey, such as signs and bollards ect, but because of te who thing with the money being iceland, the councils can not spend the money meaning we are having loads less orders. swings and roundabouts

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Strangely, I was handed a decent pay rise last week - although it is still tough times and were by no means exempt from the 'economic slowdown'.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sry to hear.

its rubbish.. i new it was a mistake to grow up :@

i feel like my jobs on the line atm altho i havent been told it .. the company's not bringing in enough cash to keep everyone employed .. i know im more useful than other staff but but tbh its a close knitt company so as im the newest i'll porlly be the 1st to go ..

going to ask for a 3day week with a pay cut to relieve some stress on payday (and so i can get paid in full every month)
    but im doubtful we'll last till next summer

We do alot of work for essex council but our contract has run out so we have to tender for it again .. trouble is we used to just go up against 15 other architects .. now we're up against 30 or so because noone has any work and councils are a sure fire way to get work

noones looking for architects atm let alone trainee architects who come with a need to do a 4 day week because i have to study

may just be a case of becoming a full time student again for my final year then doing something more useful ..
    tho its the perfect excuse for me to become a copper .. i hear there are at least 3 jobs up for grabs after last weeks news

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    im just after anything now, i wish i never went to uni now though coz i tried to get a job in argos and the stupid manager said i had too many good grades

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast