Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what part of the boot is the best place to put a sub and which way

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

what part of the boot is the best place to put a sub and which way

at the moment i got the sub pointing out towards the boot but would it be better the other way and where in the boot is it best to put for example int he middle or towards the side.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Always fancied one in place of the arm rest in the back...

Personal guess is that facing into the car is better but not an expert so not entirely sure! Mine faces outwards to the rear of the car and it (being a cheap 10" Fli sub!) can shake things enough to keep me happy for now.

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    i bought a vibe sub and i cant put it up more than 20 coz it too powerfull and it goes up to 50 lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It shouldn't matter too much, as human ears can't detect where low frequency (bass) sounds come from.
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Sub position can make a huge difference, i had mine pointing out of the boot, it was loud and bassy, i liked it. Fot a change i pointed it at the driver side (my sub sits in the back left of the boot as you look at it) and it has quietened the bass down alot! I keep meaning to move it back around so but never remember to.

Ideally, if you could sit it behind the ski hatch and open the ski hatch that should in theory give you the best bass response but it is a little bit open ended as alot of it relies air movement and air space.

Quote Originally Posted by bigphilbaby View Post
    i bought a vibe sub and i cant put it up more than 20 coz it too powerfull and it goes up to 50 lol
    ^^ Unless it's a black death i doubt it is that powerful

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Zafira GSi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just put it where ever it sounds best m8,move it round till your happy....but it dont make that much difference really.
    I positioned mine on left facing boot as all cabling runs up passenger side & didnt want any on show...Mine sounds great,cant even turn it up half way .

Here it is:
    . ..SRiTaff ...
    LIKE: ZletCruisers on Facebook.
    Drives: Arden Blue Zafira GSi.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Zafira GSi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesAstra View Post
    Sub position can make a huge difference, i had mine pointing out of the boot, it was loud and bassy, i liked it. Fot a change i pointed it at the driver side (my sub sits in the back left of the boot as you look at it) and it has quietened the bass down alot! I keep meaning to move it back around so but never remember to.

Ideally, if you could sit it behind the ski hatch and open the ski hatch that should in theory give you the best bass response but it is a little bit open ended as alot of it relies air movement and air space.

Would it not b better with hatch closed as bass is better when enclosed??
    . ..SRiTaff ...
    LIKE: ZletCruisers on Facebook.
    Drives: Arden Blue Zafira GSi.

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesAstra View Post

im not sure of the name, il check 2morre but it cost me over 250 pound, i do quite like vibe and the look of it so ive done the whole car out in it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRiTaff View Post
    Would it not b better with hatch closed as bass is better when enclosed??
    It would depend on what you wanted in the "outcome" i think.

For me i have my hatch closed and have an mdf board covering over it and i get the bass through just fine, i think the idea of having a sub firing through the hatch is more for the saloon shape cars where there is no other way of getting the bass through into the cabin.

I've seen installs with both and heard alot of "normal" setups and one or 2 of the "hatch mounted" ones. It's very dependant on the sub type aswell.

--bigphilbaby, i wasn't making fun dude, from my experience vibe have let me down severely. I had a cbr active 12 and it was absolute pap. IIRC the retail of it was around £250. It fell so short of what it promised, with 550wrms i expected alot, it was quieter and less responsive than my old fusion package.
    My current sub is rated to 400wrms, it gets 500 and it thunders louder than my old twin 12's running the same power. Even then i can take it LOUD but it never gets that loud i can't turn it up anymore. And even then thats with HU bass up and remote control for bass up aswell as the car being dynamatted.

I'd just be interested to know what sub it is and what amp it's paired with.

Status
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast