Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer HU & steering wheel controls in mk4

Hi

I have just bought an 02 mk4 sri 1.8 hatch and it doesn't have a HU just the original cage. So I'll be installing one I removed from my old car, Pioneer DEH-2900MPB.

I've read the sticky on headunit support and steering wheel controls but I've found reference to a part "Pioneer CDPI.150" in this thread http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=153801. It mentions that it allows use of the mfd too. Is that it will actually send info to the mfd or just allow the other functions to remain there?

I have googled and ebay'd for "Pioneer CDPI.150" but I can't find any reference to it. I have found http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170251215468 this adapter on ebay that was mentioned in another thread.

Could someone please clarify what I need and what is achievable with regards the MFD. I'm not too worried if I can't get HU info on the mfd and only the steering controls will work but if there is the option to have the HU info on the mfd I would be interested. Also whether the ebay item is suitable as it appears to be cheaper than the online shops.

Many thanks

Eric

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Eric

Looking at the diagrams for your headunit your not going to be able to get either the MFD or steering wheel controls to work with that headunit as it doesn't have the correct inputs/ outputs

Obviously the MFD will still work, it just won't show any radio or cd data
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Autosparks, you are some kind of ICE guru!

A little dissappointed I can't use the controls but I'll survive, didn't have them on my mk3 so not like I'm used to them anyway. May look to upgrade the HU next year then, perhaps to an ipod compatible one.

Thanks for the help and for saving me some money

Eric