Thread: Alpine Setup

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpine Setup

Im thinking about buying this package http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8141.html

Apart from the steering wheel interface is there anything else i need to buy for fitting?

Does anybody know of the differences between the iDA-X300 and the iDA-X200? I wont be using an amp and my speakers will just be the factory fitted ones for the moment.

I really want an easy way of using my ipod classic in the car plus bluetooth handsfree for my phone. I was looking at the sony MEXBT3600 first off all but from looking on a few forums the alpines have the best ipod compatibility.

Where is the best place to fit the microphone for the bluetooth in the car and where does people normally have the wire for the ipod?

From reading another post about ipods i found out i had a little glove box under the light switch. i've never noticed it before. Maybe i could run the ipod lead to there although not sure if its possible or not?

Cheers for the help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalscot View Post
    Im thinking about buying this package http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8141.html

Apart from the steering wheel interface is there anything else i need to buy for fitting?
    Nope
    Does anybody know of the differences between the iDA-X300 and the iDA-X200? I wont be using an amp and my speakers will just be the factory fitted ones for the moment.
    x200 comes with usb fly lead to ipod, uses the 24bit dac through the headunit rather than the eq the ipod has. Won't work with ipods that don't support coverflow browsing as they are not usb data transfer supported.
    Also has imprint button, if you go down the SQ route, you can buy the imprint box to make whatever speaker syou have sound a hell of a lot better.

x300 doesn't have imprint capability, also does not have usb ipod control, hence in the link you have put it having the 422i ipod full speed ahead cable.

I really want an easy way of using my ipod classic in the car plus bluetooth handsfree for my phone. I was looking at the sony MEXBT3600 first off all but from looking on a few forums the alpines have the best ipod compatibility.
    Alpine is the best for ipod by a mile.

Where is the best place to fit the microphone for the bluetooth in the car and where does people normally have the wire for the ipod?
    Ipod into the glove box and i have the microphone perched on the "stub" of the rear view mirror

From reading another post about ipods i found out i had a little glove box under the light switch. i've never noticed it before. Maybe i could run the ipod lead to there although not sure if its possible or not?
    Ipod can be placed nearly anywhere, your imagination stops you.

Cheers for the help
    Also worth pointing out that if you go for the x300 package (as a whole) the 350bt will crack and whistle when using your ipod and irritate you beyond all belief, Alpine deny this and say that it is only on some cars, weirdly though, they have released the 350BTi as a late comer which is used if you use the ipod cable (422i) with the 350BTi.

If you use the x200, you will be ok with the 350bt as the ipod will go in via usb and not via the full speed cable.

*The 350bti usually costs £20 more than a 350bt as it has to be alpine uk modified*

**If you speak to an audio shop and they dis-regard everything i just told you and say "you'll be fine" put the phone down and cross them off your list. Alpine are aware of the 350bt and bti problem themselves and if you buy a 350bt and complain to alpine they will just ask you to send away your box with £20 (or i think it was) to get it "modified"**

Think that covered it

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply. Would you recommend the x200 over the x300 then? I would just buy it as seperates rather than a package if that was the case. When the microphone is ftted properly is there no visible wires showing if its been done properly?

When you say about the cracking noises when using the 350bt bluetooth is this only when you use the full speed cable or any cable? Its just that i have been reading a couple of posts where people have said they dont use the high speed cable for there ipod and it works just as quick or even quicker than the high speed cable.

Could you tell me a rough fitting price for a system like this aswell please. Never had anything to do with fitting before.

Cheers again

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalscot View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. Would you recommend the x200 over the x300 then? I would just buy it as seperates rather than a package if that was the case. When the microphone is ftted properly is there no visible wires showing if its been done properly?

When you say about the cracking noises when using the 350bt bluetooth is this only when you use the full speed cable or any cable? Its just that i have been reading a couple of posts where people have said they dont use the high speed cable for there ipod and it works just as quick or even quicker than the high speed cable.

Could you tell me a rough fitting price for a system like this aswell please. Never had anything to do with fitting before.

Cheers again
    I'd recommend the x200 for 2 main reasons, 1.the usb ipod connection, same speed as the 422 but it uses the x200's eq not the ipods eq. 2.Imprint, you may not be interested in it now, but wait until you've been in a car that has it.

No wires are visible, i tucked mine up into the roof lining so nothing shows, only the microphone, which tbh you can barely see

The cracking on the 350bt is only when you use the 422 as the 422 plugs into the 350bt which plugs into the HU.

My place would probably charge around £80-90 as a fitting cost as it's headunit and H/F, plus the glove box will need to come out to get everything in behind it.

Worth every penny though

Also, i don't know if you've mulled it over at all, the x100 if you can stretch to it would be a good buy, the main difference is the display, but you get a full lcd colour display, the x200 has a single line. Makes searching through playlists easier etc.. also will display your album artwork

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think i'm going to go for the x200 and the bt350. Hopefully a friend of a friend who is an auto electrician will be able to sort me out with a good fitting price. I looked at the x100 first but not really willing to add another £100 on to the price for it.

Im quite surprised how much prices of stuff varies between websites and local shops. My local car audio shop is selling the x200 for £199.99 but i can get it from here

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpi...er-p-7112.html

for £129.99 including delivery. I know you should support local business's and the like but £70 is just too much of a saving to pass up.

Cheers again for the help. Will maybe replace the speakers after xmas is out the way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Have you spoken to your local car audio shop? Alot of them have internet sites too and can match quotes.