Thread: opinons needed on my centre console

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

opinons needed on my centre console

Right im in abit of a dilema at the moment-I have the standard VX grey centre console in my Gsi but it has a few chips here and there around the CD player slot,they've been bugging me for a while so i decided to buy a black one and spray it up to the same colour, As of tonight my centre console is all primered up ready for the colour which i got colour matched into a spray can,i went to test the colour tonight and it's all of a sudden turned a dark navy instead of a grey so im buggered what to do now?

Do i spray it a different colour and the rest of the console but then it'll look odd against the grey leather on the steering wheel or do i try and find another colour match or just go to Vx and fork out £118 for a new one

Yours comments welcome people-ideally would like to fit the/new centre console this weekend???!!!??
    Astra Mk4 GSi
    Powered by EDS software!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irmscherastra1.8 View Post
    Right im in abit of a dilema at the moment-I have the standard VX grey centre console in my Gsi but it has a few chips here and there around the CD player slot,they've been bugging me for a while so i decided to buy a black one and spray it up to the same colour, As of tonight my centre console is all primered up ready for the colour which i got colour matched into a spray can,i went to test the colour tonight and it's all of a sudden turned a dark navy instead of a grey so im buggered what to do now?

Do i spray it a different colour and the rest of the console but then it'll look odd against the grey leather on the steering wheel or do i try and find another colour match or just go to Vx and fork out £118 for a new one

Yours comments welcome people-ideally would like to fit the/new centre console this weekend???!!!??
    £118 for a centre console?! WTF?!

Just prime it and go to a decent paint shop and choose a colour and spray it again. If it goes tits up you can always just sand and re prime etc and redo the colour.

Seriously, don't spend £118 on a plastic centre console!
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep the gunmetal console is over £100.
    i bought a mint one off a member on here with not a single mark for £20.
    if you do buy one secondhand then be careful as there's a few different shades of grey.
    did you shake the can well before applying the paint?
    iiwy id take the paint back and tell them what happened.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pepe View Post
    yep the gunmetal console is over £100.
    i bought a mint one off a member on here with not a single mark for £20.
    if you do buy one secondhand then be careful as there's a few different shades of grey.
    did you shake the can well before applying the paint?
    iiwy id take the paint back and tell them what happened.
    Agreed - take the paint back

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    £118 for a centre console?! WTF?!

Just prime it and go to a decent paint shop and choose a colour and spray it again. If it goes tits up you can always just sand and re prime etc and redo the colour.

Seriously, don't spend £118 on a plastic centre console!
    Yep thats £118 +vat to be added Mind you the black one set me back £40 odd squid.Think ill try and get another colour match from another company-seems so strange that the can once was the same colour and a really good match to being a really dark navy and yeah it was shaken properley, i even gave the tested area 24hours to fully dry to see if somehow it would lighten but it didn't!

Anyone know if halfruads do a good colour match service?
    Astra Mk4 GSi