Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car Juddering When Pulling Off

Dear all,

I have recently purchased another Astra G as my previous one was wrote off due to a rear end shunt. Its a V Reg 1.4 16v (so a X14XE engine) in Polar Sea Blue.
    Car goes great although it seems a little slower than my previous 1.4 so I have renewed the usual things like plugs, air filter and I am going to change the fuel filter within the next week as from past experience I know these can significantly affect the performance of a car.

However the car has a bad judder when pulling off in 1st gear. My first thoughts are that this is an engine/gearbox mount as it only does it when pulling off (possibly ruling out a clutch related problem). It doesn't judder at any other speed under acceleration, but the gearstick does slightly judder when slowing down in gear.

I'd be grateful for any insights into what the problem could possibly be (maybe there are known areas/components to fail) and how much the relevent parts would be from Vauxhalls/ebay.

Regards

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you need a mechanic to drive it for you. Engine mounts could be the issue, clutch grabbing another, knackered front shocks another. You need an experienced ear and feelings to soprt that out sithout just changing everything and seeing what works
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had the same problem clean out the breather pipe on the top of the engine with wynns carb cleaner, the one which goes into the air intake, mine was full of mayonaisy gunk(full of it) since ive cleaned it the judder has gone!! it only takes about half hour to do i would try that first before paying garage bills!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My astra does this too but only when setting off when engine is cold first thing. :-(

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine was doing it and it was a faulty egr valve can disconnect it your self,but the garage didn't charge me for them doing it