Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

fusion package??????

Hi all....some help and advice needed.
    My missus bought me a set of fusion "Encounter" components and an "Encounter" active 12" sub/amp combo enclosure.
    I was just wondering if i'll need any special connectors/leads to run this through my Alpine hu? Also can anybody tell me how to wire up the crossovers (what cables and from where) for the tweeters. By the way--- all the relevant cables came with this kit, however the instructions are not really clear (i dont speak ICE) and my lack of technical knowledge mean that I'll either blow it all up or just get frustrated and bin the whole lot!!!!!!!!!!
    many thanks in advance
    Too old to die young!!!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Assuming the components are 16.5cm/17cm then they'll be a straight swap - may need to look at mounting the crossovers somewhere if they have them. You'll need the Autoleads (or equivalent) speaker mount adapters though, as the OEM speakers have this built into them - without this the speakers may well foul the windows. I'd also recommend something like 'Skinz' between the mount and the door before putting the speakers in, as the OEM speakers are kind of boxed in so they can't get damp.

Tweeters should also just be a swap though you'll have to run the wires for them from you new Fusion ones which should be easy enough.

Overall you'll be able to use the OEM wiring for the door speakers, though for the sub/amp you'll need to run the power lead to the battery and put the earth somewhere - the hatch MK4 has an earth point near the passenger side rear light behind the flap you open to get to the bulbs. May be the same on the coupe. If the sub/amp has RCA input then you'll need to run this to the head unit - if it has speaker-level input then you may be able to re-route the rear speaker wiring for this, or run new ones from the head unit. RCA is probably easier. You may also need to connect the power signal lead (tells the amp to turn on when you turn on your head unit) to the head unit aswell - the head unit manual should say which lead at the back of it is suitable for this.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate...done what u said and its all good sounds great

Thanks for your input
    Too old to die young!!!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in