Had a go at finally doing my car today.
was nice and dirty so started with a wash with the 2bucket method
once clean and lots of water over it, it got driven into the lockup to start on the nitty stuff.
was clayed with megs claybar kit (was only done a few months back so didnt really pick up anything)
next i got out the RO and started with the menz products.
the car didnt look like it had much/deep scratches/scuffs to pull out so only used the FF product on a menz cutting disc. - went over each panel around 2/3times
with the light it looked like the paintwork was lovely and smooth but as it was getting dark when i finished i turned on the floodlights.
when i came to putting petes wax on, it went on nicely then seemed to dry and became an arse to remove. is this normal? also i picked up a sonus finishing pad but when it came to remove the wax yet again it just turned to dust.
basically my questions are:
1) swirls werent removed so should i just try again with menz IP to try remove them, if this still doesnt work what can i do.
2) roughly how many times should u go over the area to work it
3) how much product do u put on the pad as i seemed to use alot of my sample (250ml) bottle.
4) is the way petes was applied and came off normal
5) how long do RO pads last as my menz one looked like it had come away from the hook n loop on the bottom - me pressing too hard?
6) should i bother with the sonus pad for petes wax or just put on, and buff off with a MF cloth?
sorry for all the questions, just wanna get it right - as it took a long time to do so want a lovely finish plus the products cost alot
ill try get sum pics up soon