Hi there. I am in need of help with a, hopefully, little problem.
i Have a 2003 astra bertone 1.8 and recently the yellow light came on dash (car with spanner). Been sifting through the site, which i must say is very helpful!, and stumbled upon the pedal test. done this and came out with the error codes as follows:
I believe there was more than one definition for code P1550 so i listed them all down. Problem is i havnt a clue whay they mean
- P1525: Limp home position error
- P1555: Throttle position sensor (TPS) Load signal not plausable with engine load
- P1550: Electronic throttle contol (ETC) reduced power; ETC forced idle; etc power management; etc engine stop
Reason i am seeking advice now is that the car has been running spot on (even with the yellow light on). However, tonight i went to start and it was under revving and accelerator pedal was not working at all. I did notice that there was no petrol in the car (this is the point at which i hope somebody replies that bertones have some kind of safe mode when no fuel in, causing inoperable accelerator).Anyway, got some petrol out of the shed, put it in, went to start car, and everything was fine again.
The two questions i am floating accross are;
Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am now very reluctant to drive the car incase i break down somewhere.
- Does the bertone have some kind of safe mode to prevent A pedal from working when no fuel or are the codes in relation to this and...
- What are everybodys experiences on these codes and initially, how do i fix this???