Thread: Wolseley UK closing 200 branches 200 jobs lost

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wolseley UK closing 200 branches 2000 jobs lost

More great news it appears. Wolseley UK one of the countries biggest building material suppliers is closing up to 200 branches and making up to 2000 people redundant, Though this is not just Build Center, but other branches of Plumb,Pipe,Electric, Brandon Hire and one of the other 9 other companies they own. The best bit is, I work for them, and its making me jumpy atm. The worst of it as well is, The lads I work with, in the warehouse found out about this via Radio 2's news, at 8am, before the Manager told us what we already heard
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    The Invisible Woman
    Drives
    Zafira
    Mentioned in
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Our local radio announced the redundancies within my company (TP) before the company told us about it. Fortunately I was spared this time, but that doesnt mean I will be so lucky in a few months when they reassess.

Its not a good time to be in the building trade at any level

Turboshed, I will keep my fingers well and truely crossed that you are not affected by this.
    Why not sign up and join us.
    Become a member today

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    heard this on the radio 2 also heard that plumbase is making redundacies 2 lucky for me i left befor they started also closing branches, not a nice thing at this time of year
    1.9 16v CDTI SRI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Our local radio announced the redundancies within my company (TP) before the company told us about it. Fortunately I was spared this time, but that doesnt mean I will be so lucky in a few months when they reassess.

Its not a good time to be in the building trade at any level

Turboshed, I will keep my fingers well and truely crossed that you are not affected by this.
    Thanks for that Sami, and i will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    It doesnt matter who we work for in the building industry, we are all affected the same. However at the moment at least, we have a local building firm doing some sort of hotel complex at the end of the road, and the same one owns Elements Europe, who make house pods, which i believe are being used at the Olympic games, lets just hope it gets better
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bummer mate, hope things will work out ok for you.

Think the best thing to do in these situations is to sit tight and not take any notice of the inevetable idle gossip that may float around the workplace regarding these types of things.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah sure is a hard time for the building trade, i should know lost my job as a joiner 3 months ago now and i have looked and applied every where for any job and still no look. hope your jobs safe mate.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know how ya feel ryan13, not just the building trade, Motor industry took a big knock, normally people are screaming to take on spray painters.....not anymore, one place near me..Hawkers, they built an extension and are very busy, but told me they are afraid to take anybody on just incase. not one place out of 22 places in the borders can afford to take anyone on.....so I'm still out of work, but hope it works out for you mate.