Thread: Turbo + Manifold Questions

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Turbo + Manifold Questions

Ok i found out the bad news that my turbo is leaking from the seals.. oh well never mind got to move on

also my car has a slight leak from the exhaust manifold not a biggy just a bit raspy on cold so basicly im wanting to replace the exhaust manifold and the turbo in one go.

i need options and suggestions on what to do and which way to go

do i go VXR turbo .. i have herd alot of issues with these and keep seeing threads that they gone bang

or do i just for now get a normal replacement LET turbo ?

on to the manifold , anyone know cheap place for a standard exhaust manifold ?

Dave

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemark View Post
    Ok i found out the bad news that my turbo is leaking from the seals.. oh well never mind got to move on

also my car has a slight leak from the exhaust manifold not a biggy just a bit raspy on cold so basicly im wanting to replace the exhaust manifold and the turbo in one go.

i need options and suggestions on what to do and which way to go

do i go VXR turbo .. i have herd alot of issues with these and keep seeing threads that they gone bang

or do i just for now get a normal replacement LET turbo ?

on to the manifold , anyone know cheap place for a standard exhaust manifold ?

Dave

You can't buy the old LET turbo anymore as far as I'm aware. To be honest you should be OK with a VXR turbo (If you run the standard map)

You also can't buy the manifold on its own. I do however have a speare nearly new VXR manifold for sale.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go for a VXR unit best option imo. unless you want to start spending a lot of cash on bigger turbo;s. Bear in mind that the LET and VXR unit are basically the same unit (think someone else mentioned this in K3FUS;s thread). The VXR unit will come with the manifold as well.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the advice guys ... i did look on LMF but did not find the turbo on there is it more of a phone up and order part ? can anyone comfirm that you get the manifold with it ,, max the mole how much would u want for your manifold

is there any other parts i need apart from vxr manifold and vxr turbo ... do all the gaskets etc come with it ... etc etc

Dave

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemark View Post
    cheers for the advice guys ... i did look on LMF but did not find the turbo on there is it more of a phone up and order part ? can anyone comfirm that you get the manifold with it ,, max the mole how much would u want for your manifold

is there any other parts i need apart from vxr manifold and vxr turbo ... do all the gaskets etc come with it ... etc etc

Dave
    LMF don't have the turbo on their website. You have to call them
    They also do a complete fitting kit (Can't remember the price!) but this is extra (You get no fitting components with the turbo)

All zlet and VXR turbos come with the manifold (hence the reason for not being able to buy them seperatley)

If you do want just the manifold, you can have mine for £55 posted.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this being the exhaust maniifold ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also you shouldnt remove a turbo from a manifold and replace it with another as you they are set up and balanced in place at 200 thou rpm so unless you got machinery to do that you shouldnt remove it
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so just to comfirm i should buy the exhaust manifold with the turbo combinde?

Dave

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yerrrrrrr definatly
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I take it you have no idea about turbo's then jay?...lol

It doen't matter if he removes it from the manifold, it only matter's if he disassembles the CHRA, ie: removes the exhaust turbine or inlet impeller.

What you said is like saying he'll need to get his bottom end balanced if he removes the sump...lol
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast