Thread: My old Vectra 2.6 SRi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My old Vectra 2.6 SRi

Dont think these have been on here before.

My old Vectra 2.6 SRi. Bought it new in 2001 after an 8month wait, had full factory leather, Xenon headlights air con & sunroof.
    From there it finished up with the following spec & was Total Vauxhall featured in 2002.

2.6 V6, 3.0 inlet & exhaust cams, lightened flywheel, Courtenay Sport cat, full Magnex exhaust, Sueprchip, CDX radiator cover, Koni adjustables front & rear, High spec 320mm 4pots front, Courtenay grooved rear discs, Irmscher front bumper & X-hatch grilles, Irmscher side skirts, Irmscher rear lower splitter, Jewel rear light clusters, window tints, 17" OZ Vela;s DVD player with seperate screen, Kenwood headunit, Pioneer components, 2xPioneer 10" subs. Think that was it although probably forgot a few bits:

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow thats a very very nice example. weve got one in at work for a oil cooler apparantley dead common. them v6 sound awsome

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oil coolers on the V6;s is a very very common one. Even when they were new they had problems with them burtsing. Done one on my Omega a few years ago. Good thing is a lot of people dignos this problem as head gasket failure so you can pick up a V6 bargain

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Dave do you think the V6 would benifit from an aftermarket oil cooler, located in a better postion?
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    TBH Mat its something I considered as I have a spare Serco cooler sitting, but given the location of the standard pipes & having to block the plate that sits ontop of the standard cooler it would be too much hassle re-routing them to position the replacement cooler for not a great amount of gain. The reason the standard one goes is it sits in a water jacket between the cylinder heads and eventually rots through. They arent actually that that hard to replace just a bit fiddley and takes a little time. Unless the oil temp of the standard cooler was getting too high Id leave the standard one in place.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    wicked, cheers for the advice Dave I will see how the oil temp goes, and maybe consider it in the future if it is running too hot.

Juat worried about the whole "V6 run far to hot" comments, and looking at ways to keep the temps down, if at all possible
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    rember this from when i used to use mig alot in my school days...
    didnt you get the irmscher wheels and had loads of probs?
    also remember the lush sport leather which was rare on a sri
    "Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your correct, the car had 17" Irmscher twin spokes fitted in January 2002 but were then returned in March 2002 and the Vela;s were fitted. The problem with the Irmscher wheels was down to one wheel, the Irmscher wheels have the bolt holes drilled and the brass inserts are fitted, one of the wheel I was supplied never had those inserts fitted. This meant that the wheels would bolt up normally and with no issues, but because the nuts werent held correctly the wheel moved slightly whilst being driven, the result was the nuts would loosen themselves off which culminated in the drivers rear nearly coming off at 100+ on the M90. Luckily I caught the problem in time before the wheel made its bid for freedom. Irmscher were ever so slightly embarrased and took the wheels back without quibling.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    **** me, that sounds scary. they did look very nice on the car, shame.
    "Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast