Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lowering

Hi all,

I am looking to buy some Gmax -60mm springs for my astra coupe turbo. The only -60mm ones I can find are for the 1.6 or 1.8 coupe.

Would they fit ok? Do you require shortened shocks with -60mm?

Also can people post up picks of coupes with either 40mm of 60mm lowering (please state which with pic)

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have 60mm 1.6 ,1.8 coupe springs on my van with standered shocks and the ride is good . there jamex springs from ebay

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Personally I would advise against lowering as much as 60 mil with just springs.

When the rear of the car is jacked up the spring will unseat as the standard dampers travel will be far longer than the springs. I had this problem with my Corsa when I lowered it 50 mil on just springs and it was a pain in the arse tbh.

The ride will be bouncy too as the spring and damper will be designed to oscillate at different speeds. The damper will also wear out quickly as a result.

Youll only end up having to pay extra for shortened shocks anyway as I did.

A far better bet, esp for a car as powerful as a Turbo, is to lake advantage of the great deals going around on coilovers just now, for about £150. There was a thread on here very recently about sets for this price on E-bay. Several owners have fitted them and are very happy, although some have said you require shorter drop links go with them.

Once you've got them fitted properly, get the tracking and camber sorted, and Roberts your Auntie's better half.

Hope this helps
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Iain is right, I've got Jamex -30mm and my back dampers are pretty much shot, to the point of I'm expecting an MOT fail because of it . Coilies are the way forward my friend!
    Skoda Fabia vRS

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    60mm is to low with just springs ..i would personally say 40mm would be better mate!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I will be getting shortened shocks too as I used to have on my cavalier. Shortened and damping adjustable so 60mm will be fine once I have them.

I have seen these coilovers around recently, personally I am avoiding them. They must be cheap for a reason and I want the dampening adjustment too.