Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never had this trouble with my Fords!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I never had this trouble with my Fords!!

just back from town & back from being pulled by the cops for the first time in my umm, nearly 6 years of driving.

The main road was shut off, so took a detour & was behind a car which turned through town.
    Now, on any given week you'll see at least one car driving through town no bother. Has been going on for years, so i thought nothing of it.

See this car up close in my rear-view thinking what a donkey for being so close, but then i notice "POLICE" on the bonnet. His lights soon start flashing, so thinking he's ready to bomb by, i pull over.
    He pulls alongside

Thinking i must have a bulb out, i put the window down & he goes on in his condacending tone about how i drove through a no entry sign etc etc

I apologised and said i never saw it. More condacending tones, he asks where i'm going. Said just into town & was following the car in front. He asks who it is, i say dunno i just saw him head through town as a detour & followed him.

Cop asks if i always drive around failing to look at signs.

Ummm, yeah as if YOU notice EVERY friggin sign on your journey!!!! Honestly never saw a sign, so concede its my own fault and just apologise.

Get a don't do it again sort of finish to the convo & he bombs off after the car that was in front of me, or in that direction at least.

I'll have to have a look when in town tomorrow where on earth these signs are supposedly at.

Wonder if its in part that he saw a young lad driving a sporty looking motor as i'm only assuming he sped off after the car in front.

At least i didn't get fined or owt lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I'd consider myself lucky if i was you. Least he didnt give you a producer or anything like that.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've only ever been pulled aside by a copper once (not whilst driving) and it was nothing to do with me - my mate behind me was cracking jokes but I was in a different conversation completely, so suffice to say, when the copper pulled me aside I was utterly clueless.

They always have the condescending tone, like they're looking for an excuse to nick you.
    I understand that they're doing their job, and have to deal with tosspots on a regular basis, but I always hear stories like this - they just irritate me sometimes, especially in motoring hehe.
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    yeah agreed

and i do consider myself lucky. ATEOTD, i'm not a t0sser, i fully understand that ignorance is not an excuse. I've never seen these signs and folk drive down that way all the time, but it's not an excuse.

Tiz also why i took the apologetic stance with him. I'd get nowhere acting the fool, so just apologised for my mistake, even though i'd like to have been otherwise after his tone of voice with me, but that wouldn't have been a clever move.

Just annoying when you see folk everyday yapping on the phone, not looking where they're going, nearly running into the back of folk etc & not a copper in sight.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah coppers love to pull younger drivers in sporty cars..you would think they would have something better do to wouldnt ya!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You made a mistake, the copper pulled you for it, you apoligised and he let you off. I would be happy with that
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Was in town today & when its pointed out to you, you finally see the signs lol. I must've gone through at least 2 no entry signs on my journey.

Wont be doing that again!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    Was in town today & when its pointed out to you, you finally see the signs lol. I must've gone through at least 2 no entry signs on my journey.

Wont be doing that again!!
    good effort then!!! CONSIDER YOURSELF A LUCKY GUY!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surely the signs should be clearly visible,if not then consider contacting the council

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    they Cant keep up with me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast