Thread: Another LPG astra question

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Another LPG astra question

Right, as I mentioned before, I have bough a front end smash 52 plate 1.6 16v astra duel fuel.

It gone off to the body shop today to get repaired, however I have just been speaking to someone who said sometimes after a smash the LPG wont work on these cars??? and that if its not working the LPG switch will constantly flash???

So obviously Im a bit concerned,Ive gone and checked the car, and guess what, the light is constantly flasing when switched to LPG.

So my question is, does this mean its ****ed??? or is there a sort of fuel/LPG cut of switch somewhere that gets triggered when the car is bumped???

Any help greatly appreciated, as I know absolutely NOWT about these LPG jobbies, all I wanted to do was save money on fuel!! LOL

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Can you start the car on LPG? The LPG light flashes when it is on petrol (unless it is switched to petrol) - once the engine warms up then it switches to LPG (providing the switch is set to LPG!) and the light goes off/stops flashing.

There is an LPG cut-off lever in the boot under the carpet - there should be a flap to the right of the boot carpet that lifts up to show the lever. Not 100% on any automatic stuff though.

Do you have the Vauxhall Service Manual for the LPG? I got this with mine, has some LPG specific info in it too.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by nry View Post
    Can you start the car on LPG? The LPG light flashes when it is on petrol (unless it is switched to petrol) - once the engine warms up then it switches to LPG (providing the switch is set to LPG!) and the light goes off/stops flashing.

There is an LPG cut-off lever in the boot under the carpet - there should be a flap to the right of the boot carpet that lifts up to show the lever. Not 100% on any automatic stuff though.

Do you have the Vauxhall Service Manual for the LPG? I got this with mine, has some LPG specific info in it too.
    Cheers mate, yer the car will start if switched to lpg, but light constantly flashes, I cant leave it running to warm up as no radiator on at the minute, ill check it when I get it back after repair.

Never got any manuals with it, all I got was the car and 1 key, the typical salvage package LOL

Im just a bit paranoid now that ive bought this and its gonna cost me a fortune having to sort a knackered LPG system.

The power steering ist working either but yet again, thats something to look at once the front end is repaired

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    PM me your address and I'll photocopy the LPG Service Manual and send you a copy.

If there's no LPG in the tank then the light will flash all the time, the car can't switch to LPG if the tank is empty. But without leaving it to warm up it's hard to judge what the issue is.