Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ky's GSi

Easy,

Dont post up here to often but shall be around more often. I had a Z18XE Corsa but the project is now ended i couldnt be bothered with it anymore, so its now sat outside being split for parts.

New projects here:

When it was completely standard i had it on a Dyno:

New grille has been fitted to the car, i will get photos of this when i have washed it. The car also went threw deswirling and colour correction a few weeks ago.

Next items to the car is a K04 refurb kit. as my turbos blue smokey after a long idle as the oil gets threw the seals and burns, so i will be pulling the turbo off in a few weeks and refurb that.

Pics of colour correction to follow.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pictures of de-swirl

Thanks for taking 5

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Few pictures to update this, cars running fine but has a strange issue.

Blue smoke on a long idle, black smoke under hard acceleration, a melted precat (Yes part of the cats actually melted). Oil burning threw the turbo seals...

Yet its still holding boost hard as nails.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, This is now upto date 10/11/08

Time for another update. Ive now got sick of the smoking the car does after a idle, or under heavy load so... I decided to bolt the turbo off.

So now the turbo is off i need to take the turbine and compressor housing off so i can get to the CHRA.

Once ive got the the CHRA, il scribe the compressor wheel, nut and shaft to keep the balancing, dissamble the CHRA and remove carbon from all components and polish up the shaft ready to install new; Journal bearing, lock plate, snap ring, thrust bearing, o-ring, compressor piston ring, shaft piston ring. Sounds fun i guess.

Shopping list for tomorrow.

10x studs
    10x nuts
    1x washer plate
    1x turbo - manifold gasket
    1x turbo - precat gasket
    1x precat - main cat gasket
    2x oil return banjo washers
    1x breather box
    4x spark plugs
    1x oil filter
    Coolant
    Oil

Rebuild the turbo tomorrow, put back on the car hopefully in the next few days aswell as servicing it.

If anyone is interested i am making a DIY refurbishment guide for K04 turbo's Complete with stripping the turbo off the GM Z20LET manifold, down to the CHRA, stripping and rebuilding CHRA too.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Afternoon all.

Been some time since I last posted. I've not been working on my car much as I been really busy with work and that. Not to mention I'm going through quite a difficult stage in life, however things are getting a bit brighter at the end of the tunnel, well I'm hoping so con anyway.

The Astra is now SORN, an has been for a few weeks so can now be worked on.

So recently when I've had tools in my hand I've took a few bits off it, here is some pictures to show how its looking now.

So yea its in progress.