Thread: Todays jobs and mods...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Todays jobs and mods...

Started today with taking my MK5 down to my mates garage to get a quote on the 20k service, getting some lowering shocks/springs (that will drop the car ~40mm) fitted and also getting the XP side skirts and rear splitter fitted that I have had sitting in my garage for months. After agreeing a reasonable price for the lot to be done next Friday, and leaving the skirts and splitter there to get sprayed in preparation for getting them fitted to car next week, I went on my merry way.

Then after returning home I started on the list of mods I had been meaning to do for months

1) - Colour coding front V grill
    2) - Colour coding front Griffin badge
    3) - Tinting side repeaters
    4) - Debading rear apart from "Ti" off the end of the CDTi badge
    5) - Colour coding stubby aerial

Managed to colour code front V no problem and fitted to car, then changed my mind part way through painting Griffin and instead painted it Saphire black and colour coded aerial body colour as originally planned.

I then proceeded onto debadging the rear (which for some reason was also quicker than doing my MK4) which involved only having to just peal the badges off by hand and then clean up. This took a total of about 10 minutes.

After completing the above tasks I went about removing the side repeaters and tinting, which was slightly less successful and ended up cracking two corner off a repeater when refitting the drivers side . Looks like I will end up ordering the ones from LMF after all!

Overall I was please with the results, but the saphire black badge isn't doing it for me at all - something just looks wrong about it. I think I will end up going back to a shiny one (or if possible a new style griffin off the Insignia) or maybe spraying the badge in a matt type black to match the non-body colour plastic.

More mods to following include:

- some new front shocks (if they arrive before service otherwise they can wait)
    - dblias air intake (due to arrive shortly)
    - Later style tinted rear lights (still in box in garage so when I get another dryish day)
    - Colour coding rear chrome strip (dryish day again)
    - Colour coding fog light surrounds in front bumper (dryish day again)

Pictures as follows from today (including the one complete side repeater... ):

Comments welcome!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks good chap, nice little touches, how come you not got rid of TI, did you want people to think i might be a turbo injection lol???

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could have washed the car man

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i like the grille,definitely Matt black for the badge

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks good mate really like the grill, took the cdti off mine but had so many comments about it smoking i put one back on lol