Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpine Type R Speakers --- Alpine PDX4.100

Hello Guys!

New to the site, I've recently just bought my door speakers for my 3 door mk4 Astra G

I have Alpine Type R Front Components
    and Alpine Type R Rear Door Speakers

I am hoping to wire these up during next week? (weather dependant unfortunately ). Anyways, I have, as of yet, not purchased my amplifier, I was looking at the Alpine PDX 4.100, what do you guys think to this?

I also have 2 R-Type Subwoofers in the boot running off a 2 Channel amp and 4AWG wiring

Questions

1- What is the best way to wire my speakers? (Positioning of Tweeters/Crossover/Speakers/Wiring)
    2 - Will The PDX 4.100 Amp be sufficent for those speakers?
    3 - Will i need new power cables, or can i get a distrubution block on my current cable?
    4 - If i get a D-Block, should i split it into 2 x 8AWG? or 2 x 4AWG?
    5 - Do you have any links to websites for me to look at?

Thankyou guys!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi,
    PDX 4.100 is perfect for type r speakers.
    Wiring the speakers themselves is easy, most difficult part you'll find is getting the amped signal into the doors themselves (i drilled the multiplug out and ran the cable through but there are other ways)

I'dthink about running 4 if not 2 awg down to a distribution block then two 4awg's off that.

Steve

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey!

Well i bought the speakers!
    Amp
    Wiring
    RCA Leads
    Sound Deadening
    D-Blocks
    etc.

I've got it all now
    So hopefully i should get it installed this weekend!

I did have a couple of questions that perhaps one of the members on this forum may be able to answer

1) The sound deadening i bought was just the dynamat sqaures that go over the speakers, i've bought a pack of 2 for the rears, and some "second skin" sheet stuff for the front, it's only 1 sheet i think, or may be 2 sheets (im guessing for both speakers)
    Is this enough? or not worth putting in at all?

2) I have a LOT of rattling coming from the boot, if i stand outside my car whilst the subwoofer is playing it really does rattle, aswell as inside the car too? What can i do to stop this? Where are the most common places for rattling that need attending to?
    If i sound deaden the boot how much do i need? and where do i place it?

3) How exactly do i wire up my speakers? :$
    The most important question of all haha!
    I'm reall stuck, and would appreciate ANY pictures or diagrams or tutorials?
    Especially for removing the door cards, or back seats etc

Thanks a lot Guys!
    [ My Car ]

You're not here for a long time, You're here for a good time!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey there!
    Sounds like you could perhaps do with a helping hand there mate.
    There is alot of work to do and from what I can see on the FAQ section at the top of the ICE forum,(some good pics there) it's a couple of days work at least.
    Problem looks like getting the speaker cable from the inside of the car through into the front doors as the existing cables come through a plug connection so a hole is going to have to be drilled in readiness for the new speaker cable. I suggest you get some rubber grommets ready mate!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 350z View Post
    Hey!

1) The sound deadening i bought was just the dynamat sqaures that go over the speakers, i've bought a pack of 2 for the rears, and some "second skin" sheet stuff for the front, it's only 1 sheet i think, or may be 2 sheets (im guessing for both speakers)
    Is this enough? or not worth putting in at all?
    For sound deadening, the more the better, i think in total on mine i used about 2.5 to 3 sheets per front door, a single sheet in each rear quarter and about 7 or 8 doing the boot.

2) I have a LOT of rattling coming from the boot, if i stand outside my car whilst the subwoofer is playing it really does rattle, aswell as inside the car too? What can i do to stop this? Where are the most common places for rattling that need attending to?
    If i sound deaden the boot how much do i need? and where do i place it?
    I had this problem, i've matted the inside of the outer skin, outside of the inner skin, inside of the inner skin and stuffed it with cheap tea towells and its reduced it abit. Not much of a way around it though due to the lock and its mechanism, relax though, you sit in the car not behind it and if you're worried about what people think, drop your windows down a little too drown it out lol

3) How exactly do i wire up my speakers? :$
    The most important question of all haha!
    I'm reall stuck, and would appreciate ANY pictures or diagrams or tutorials?
    Especially for removing the door cards, or back seats etc
    As pointed out already, there is a tutorial at the top and also in the mk4 section. Its not that difficult once you get into it, my whole install took about 4 weeks on and off to finish and im still tweaking i now and again.

Thanks a lot Guys!
    Think i managed to answer most of your questions there dude