Thread: fitting cd player

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

fitting cd player

Hi im new to the site, ive just brought a 2002 astra coupe, i want to put my cd player in to but dont want to loose the display, steering wheel controls or the cd changer under the cd player in it, my cd players a kenwood KDC-W5041U does any one no what cables i will need or if i can even add it all to the cd player, cheers

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

At the top of this forum there is a sticky for all the leads you may need although i'll say now that you will only be able to keep the steering wheel controls

The MFD will still work just not show any radio data. The factory CD changer won't work at all so you may aswell take that out and get a extra pocket of CD holder
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your HU has an OEM display/ steering control output, then you need Autolead PC99-X06 (vauxhall adapter £23 on ebay) and PC99-KEN-DIS (Kenwood display/steering control adapter - £7 on ebay).

Those two should see you sorted. I just bought them and they work perfectly with my KDC-W707.

You need to make sure your stereo has the OEM Display/steering control conenction/functionality first.
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi cheers just got the leads and fitted the cd player, got the steering wheel controls working but not the display wich im not bothered about, just need to take the cd changer out now and replace it with a shelf chhers for the help