Thread: Car garage had my car for 6 weeks now need help with law

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car garage had my car for 6 weeks now need help with law

they have had my car for 6 weeks now and still not fixed the problem with the turbo. They are saying the turbo in gone and the company they bought it off is saying its fine. So in total i have owned the car for 6 mths and its been in and out for the same problem since they put the new turbo on 5 1/2 mths ago.

So today i rang consumer direct for advice, which i was told to send a letter to the garage an say you have 7 days to fix it or i will sue for damages and take the car else were and bill them for the work.

So then i rang the garage after and asked what was going ( i did phone on tue an was told it would be sorted by thurs and they never phoned me back ) I was very nice at first then she got sh itty with me. An i got a little mad she then said sir take a breath and came down, i then really lost it say i am well peed off cus its 6 weeks. She said well were waiting now for are insurance company to sort it out because the turbo place is sayings its fine. My replie was well why should i have to wait while you sort it, surely you should replace it and fight it out after my car has been fixed. Her coment on that was i am not paying £800 out for you . I then lost it and told them what consumer direct said and a letter would be in the post first class tomorrow she then said well if your being like that i am not willing to deal with you. End of the phone call.

Now the problem has been since the changed the turbo its been leaking oil from the turbo and the smell inside the car is awfull. They had it back a week after they fitted the turbo, it came back a few weeks later it started again and it went back. Then again and now. They said its not the turbo this time it was the valve stem seals, so the warranty company sorted it out £500 later in there pockets. An now its still leaking and stink . in the whole time i have owned the car its been out side my house 2 1/2 mths out of 6mths.

I think i have been very good to let it go on this long. Any body got and info to help me sort this out, i just feel like i want to bang my head against a wall.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no need for 2 threads on the same subject

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=169453

hope you get it sorted tho