Thread: Not happy with Flux

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Not happy with Flux

Called them today, to cancel my policy and take out a laid up policy for the winter.
    The coupe`s been insured fully comp since 3rd July, I`ve used 4 months, paid £504, all I get back is £60
    A laid up policy was £131 last year, so how much would it be this year ?

I`ll certainly be going elsewhere to insure the 911 in december, and the coupe when it goes back on the road in May next.
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    they must just be having a week of it pete as i didnt have alot of joy either when i rang them! You should be owed more than that tho, surely??

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope, they said the ins co. will charge 75% of the premium for cancellation, then add on Flux`s admin charges, I`m left with £60.

So, on that, if I`d cancelled after 1 month, I`d still only get £60.

There`s definitely something wrong here
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    May has well just left it fully insured then, even if your only going to drive it during May on the policy.

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post
    May has well just left it fully insured then, even if your only going to drive it during May on the policy.
    I have mate, no point whatsoever in changing it now.

I was a fan of Flux, been with them for well over 10 years, might even be 15, so much for loyalty

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    i was told on the phone by fluxs customer services that its a £25 charge for canceling a policy as they dropped that charge with my policy!

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £504 - £60 = £444

75 % £504 = £378

Admin = £62

I could understand that if the policy had been running for 7 or 8 months, but not 4 ??????

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The same happened to me many years ago with Flux, I had a modified MKII Cav and changed the car about 3 months into a years policy to a MK3 V6. I assumed it would be a simple process of calling them and changing the cars on the policy with a top up fee. No way, they asked if the V6 was modified I said not yet so they said that the policy I had was for modified cars only and had to cancel it on the spot. I told them that I would have a sports exhaust on by the weekend but they told me on the phone that as I had a standard car they had no option but to cancel the policy. I paid something like £350 for the full year and got about £20 back. Been with a big brand insurer ever since and they take the mods without all the form filling that you have to do with Flux and far cheaper too

Really feel for you Pete, it's a bummer and the only forward is up. Shop around a bit and I bet you will get better cover.

For anyone that is thinking about running a modified car for only part of a year i would suggest paying monthly so you lose the minimum amount when you cancel or change the insurance
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All insurance company's bleed you for as much money as they can get.

Why do you think they never give you their best quote until you tell them you can get it elsewhere cheaper.

I can see why there are so many uninsured drivers.

If they were fairer on tier quotes and how they charge people wouldnt need to moan.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    key to it lads...is kick off big time...i had the similar problem with direct line, and i kicked off big time...insurance companies are a rip off...but the only way u get away from paying stupid fees is to complain big time...like get aggresive, shout etc on the phone...in the end they get fed up of you, and just write it off lol...i work with a bank, and i know how they operate...insurance is definatly the biggest rip off on the planet
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast