Thread: coupe door window glass

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

coupe door window glass

Hi guys was wondering if it was easy to fit the glass window to the door can it be done or do I need to take it to autoglass or something thx.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    usualy straight forward, on most cars its removal of door card and then peel back the plastic shetting on inside of door. sould be able to see 2 bolts holding the window onto a metal strip. not sure if its the same on coupes but no harm in looking

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok dan there were 2 bolts holding it in the metal strip as you said also another on on a metal plate which moves up and down with the window whick i have removed but the window still wont come out its still stuck in the metal strip with the rubber seal against it was told you need to use some sort of lube spray to get them out and in again or you never will this right?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not sure to be honest mate, I'm going by the cars I have done it on that have been simple eg fiesta's and clio's...... is there any way of jiggling out of the runners at the side of the glass or are they too rigid? reason I say that is that if it will come out of the runners it will be free from all surroundings and then just slide out

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it had one runner on the side which was bolted through the window which i have undone its just getting it of the bottom strip