Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fitted induction kit and the TC light has came on and will not come off?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

fitted induction kit and the TC light has came on and will not come off?

Hi, ive fitted an induction kit to my car and the traction control light has came on and will not come off, the car still drives fine, im just wondering what will have caused the light to come on and what it generally means? thanks Dean
    Black Astra Gsi "Turbo Technics Turbo, Front Mounted Intercooler, No Cats, Remap and K&N Air Filter"

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did this all happen at the same time ??? I'd check that youve got the AFM plugged in right and that it's facing the right way for air flow??

If all else fails try putting the air intake back to how you had it and see if it cures the problem

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi thanks for the reply mate, yea as soon as i started the car after i fitted the induction kit the TC light was on, good idea bout checkin the AFM sensor is swap it round tomorrow to see just in case, if it isnt that what could it be? just in case? thanks
    Black Astra Gsi "Turbo Technics Turbo, Front Mounted Intercooler, No Cats, Remap and K&N Air Filter"

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When you look at the AM it has an arrrow on it pointing the correct airflow. Another thing i had when i tried a different set up was the turbo pulsed back up to the AFM because id put it too close this made the TC light come on.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this mite be the case as ive removed the cross over pipe and had a more direct pipe, what did you do to resolve this? and will it do any damage the TC light been on, thanks again for your help mate

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Heavily oiled filters will kill the air flow meter sensor and cause the TC light to come on.
    - Arden Gsi Astra *stolen*-
    - Arden smilies rule

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep either you re-fitted the AFM incorrectly, or the induction kit has ****ed it..
    - 2004 Vauxhall Zafira GSi - Silver, work in progress..
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what will the indications be if the afm sensor has gone? what what will it do?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sometimes it's hard to tell, but poor idling and loss of power are most common.
    - 2004 Vauxhall Zafira GSi - Silver, work in progress..
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks again for your quick reply, i do have poor idling, but the car does seem to have more power since ive fitted the induction kit, im hoping ive just fitted the afm the wrong way round!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast