Thread: Uneven front tyre wear on '07 2.0T?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uneven front tyre wear on '07 2.0T?

Hi, 1st post from maybe Zafira owner! I'm looking at a '07 2.0T Design. It's a good price but turns out is an ex-rental. That could be ok, but the front tyre wear is strange. The car has 8650 miles on the clock but nearside front tyre is twice as worn (4mm tread left) than the other. Why would that be? Anyone else had that? The dealer said, 'that's down to the torque of the powerful engine'. Hmm. Also front brake discs are quite worn. Could have been thrashed all it's short life! Any ideas about the tyres?
    Thanks!
    Btw I've posted this request on several Zafira forums so sorry if you've seen it somewhere else - which board is the one to trust?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    probably thrashed, the only reason I can think of is that they've changed one due to a puncture or damage hence one being newer?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its a rental its probs been thrashed. though wats the servicing like?
    and wat tyres it got? soft compound maybe?

if its got a full vauxhall warranty it wudn tbe to bad id have thought. covered if anythink does go!!!!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If the worn one has 4mm and other has twice as much (i.e 8mm) it would suggest that the 8mm tyre is brand new. So maybe had a puncture, blow out etc.

If disc wear is obvious it may well have been driven pretty hard!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could have even been kerbed badly and bulged the original tyre hence being replaced as said above. how worn are the discs? badly worn to me means the indicators are rubbed through. to someone else means something different

dealer sounds a bit of a numpty though.
    i used to have a bowl of sanity.......................................but i dropped it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it a vauxhall main dealer?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    I work for a well known welsh rental company and my friend I can probably assure you that that car has been thrashed a lot of it's life. It would of had all servicing and tyre wear/punctures taken care of so that is probably the most likely cause for the uneven wear between the two front wheels but look out for wheels being kerbed (indicating impact punctures) or other similar low down body damage. The car is still under lots of vauxhall warranty so do not worry about that but make sure you are happy before buying it. Try if you can to find out whom the owning rental company was and approach them asking for their maintenance history on the vehicle as you are interested in buying it, you never know they might tell you.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's