Well the car failed its first MOT a while back and it produced a sheet of A4 plus of problems. My thought was simple solve the problems and the car has 100% certainly got the MOT in the bag.
How wrong was I
Its had a retest today, for what I thought would be a formality and you guessed it - FAILED Gutted
So the problem - its failed on emissions, apparently they are through the roof (typical) so my question is any ideas on how to get it down?
So info that may help:
- The car has not really run for more than a few minutes for the best part of 5 years.
- Its got a very small amount of fuel in and to be honest its old fuel as well.
- It was run for a period fo time before the test was done and it didnt really help matters
- Although its a tuned V6 engine its got a sports CAT and custom made exhaust from BTB, so I am fairly sure that shouldnt be the issue.
Ideas to help?:
- Would adding a fuel cleaner help?
- Would running it on super unleaded help?
- Would a full tank of fuel help?
Basically I am up shit creak and need some advice, cheers for any info, a gutted Mat