Thread: astra mk4 dti

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up astra mk4 dti

hi everyone i recently brought a 2003 astra dti van for work and have been using it every day for about a month it has done 82000 miles and is very clean anyway to the point i want to let everyone no about the EDU error i was driving back home and about 500 yards from home and my van cuts out so i restart it and carry on driving 50 yards later cuts out again a half tank of fuel carnt be that so tryed restarting it and cuts out again so i got it home and phone some people and they said fuel filter and injectors and other ****ing around so i looked on the net and somepeople said about the

edu found behind the engine a silver box like and small amplifer 4 10mm bolts and its off and then open it up by cutting around the rubber seal at the back and carefully prize it off when you have opened it have a look in the middle of the box at the soldering and you may have a dry joint re solder it and that fixed mine

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeh common fault on these mate.. i had mine go when i had a 1.7. There is loads of info on fixes on here... but as i learnt a solder fix doesnt last forever, did mine 4 times and then the auto electrician tired a 5th time and it was just totally nackered! What happens is the circuit boards themselves burn out and all the tracks in between the solder break up... ended up getting a re-conditioned one for £240 with a years warranty and worked fine until the wrote the car off!
    No longer a Astra Owner
    Now Drives -2006 Skoda Octavia vRs in Race Blue