Thread: recirculation/console lights

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

recirculation/console lights

Firstly, apologies for the long post, its just to help with the diagnosis.

Had the car for about a year, it steamed up a hell of a lot but I took out the pollen filter last winter after checking on here for a reason- ithe filter was dry but seemed to fix the problem so I left it out.

About 4 weeks ago its steaming up big time again, so I had a look at the air recirculation flap, it was constantly on recirculate and pressing the button made no difference, so I removed the re-circulator motor, moved the flap and put the motor back on, on the basis that if I never touch the button, it won't move (and even if I did, it would be in the wrong position). That was fine for two weeks.

This morning, the light on the recirculation button came on by itself, normally none of the heater control lights or this light work (the air con and rear demister button lights do work). I didn't touch it but it went off again about 5 mins later. Lo and behold, the car started steaming up badly again. Haven't yet had a chance to see if the flap has moved as I'm at work.

I'm assuming that this is a faulty connection - but why would the flap move and I would have thought that the heater control lights would have come on for five mins as well.

Can anybody explain this one?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    recurc only lights up when you dont have front demist on (found this out the other day)
    Former Astra: Mk3 1.4 K reg
    Current Astra: Mk4 1.4 V reg LS (The Half-Arsed Astra )