Thread: Most Haunted Building In Britain

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Most Haunted Building In Britain

Sorry if everything isnt relevant ie names etc but i posted this on my local forum, thought some of you guys may be interested too.

Well tonight someone (Matty) had a brainwave to visit what is supposed to be the most haunted building in britain.

The building is The Ram Inn, just outside gloucester. So at roughly 10:30 pm, Myself, Jay, Stoner, Matty, Leanne and a few other girls began our drive to wotton.

The building has been on the TV show, Most Haunted, and to be fair from the outside didnt look all that scary. It used to be a pub which was built on an anciant pagen burial and sacrafice site.

Bearing in mind there is a single bloke that lives in this building, we walked down his driveway and into his courtyard round the back. At first we were all very nervouse and didnt know wether to have a look around or just naff off, as at the end of the day it is someones home! Shortly after arriving another group of lads arrived that had traveled from the far side of gloucester to visit. They walked around taking pictures and nobody come out so we figured it would be ok to talk a look around too. We knew there was someone in as we could vaugly hear a TV on which seemed to keep played demonic music! (must be watching BBC 4!)

We stayed untill about 11:45 ust looking around and chatting but must say, i didnt see any ghosts. I did manage to get a few pics though of what appeared to be a grave in the courtyard. We also found loads of hand written sign in windows, written by the owner. One i rememeber saying, 'Who needs enemies when you have friends like mine'.

Anyway, for more info on the Ram Inn, look here:

http://www.theancientraminn.com/
    http://www.cotswoldedge.org.uk/w-u-e/the_ram_inn.htm

And here is the episode of 'Most Haunted' that was filmed there
    http://3.upload.dailymotion.com/rela...t-1_shortfilms

Heres my few pics:
    Matty n stoner just standing around chatting:

Anyone else see that scary looking thing next to stoner?!

Pic of the front of the house: Sorry bout poor lighting

Warning sign, he obvously gets a bit of trouble

Spooky sign lent up to what appeared to be a grave

The rest are just plaques and newpaper clipping we found around the house in the windows.

Anyway, sorry for the essay but we found it really interesting! Im sure there will be more pics to follow.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! thats seriously only down the road from me, the car park next to it is where i sometimes park my car!! lol the owner there is kinda nuts though....

me and my mates reckon it isn't really haunted but really he's just dressed in a rubber gimp suit with cut out nipples threatening people to say its really haunted

If you had gone up the road and turned left into the one way street my house is that chinese take away! lmao

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeeBoy View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! thats seriously only down the road from me, the car park next to it is where i sometimes park my car!! lol the owner there is kinda nuts though....

me and my mates reckon it isn't really haunted but really he's just dressed in a rubber gimp suit with cut out nipples threatening people to say its really haunted

If you had gone up the road and turned left into the one way street my house is that chinese take away! lmao
    Since the place is so close to you, why dont you pop over and ask if you can stay the night?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    apparently there is a £1000 prize to anyone who can stay in a room by themselves for a whole night and nobody has ever been able to do it.

anyone up for a challenge?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I would love to try.....
    oooopppss maybe i shouldnt say that lol

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Scotty View Post
    apparently there is a £1000 prize to anyone who can stay in a room by themselves for a whole night and nobody has ever been able to do it.

Would that be the Bishops room?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Scotty View Post

heh heh easy money, I used to play in the hidden underground city thing up the town when I was a kid with my mates, craziest game of hide and seek, avoiding the occasional tour which my mates almost always thought was a ghost or something (to be fair it does have spooky as hell acoustics!) and also in a church near the edinburgh gardens which is now mostly closed off because a ghost beat someone up im not even joking!
    (edit : thought I should point out, there was nothing sinister about it, the oldtown was our just our playground)

for some reason the story of that house makes me think of the haunted capri

http://www.ark666y.com/

sounds like the owners plays up to the idea, be good to call his bluff
    Make Tea Not War
    {milk'n'two for me }

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got his number....i could be scared shitless for one night if it means i get £1k at the end!

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotpanther View Post
    Got his number....i could be scared shitless for one night if it means i get £1k at the end!
    John Humphries: 01453 842598. Knock yourself out

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol sweet mate tell me when your coming down :P i'll walk down and say good luck in person
    and no i don't wanna visit that place or stay there!! i live too close to there! lol

just because me and my friends use to make fun doesn't mean i'm not scared of that place lmao!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast