Thread: Evolution of M666 EDD

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Evolution of M666 EDD

After owning a Black 1.8 sxi hatchback for about a year I moved onto a Black 1.8 coupe.

I bought it in May 2005:

It was pretty plain but luckily had several extras already like the black and white leather
    interior, the spoiler, irmscher exhaust and the very rare sunroof.

The first mod was replacing the grill with an Irmcher one which I just swapped over from my
    hatchback. This is what it looked like at my first astra sport meet in July 2005:

4 people from the south west region! Apparently was the second ever south west meet.
    The first had 2 people! The 2 old RO's are on the left and the red van was a guy from Bristol
    who was never to be seen again.

Next thing was fitting an irmscher splitter purchased from a guy off the forum (after I got it
    sprayed black).

Lining up the splitter with masking tape! Continued to tweak the angle so it didn't look like it
    was nose diving.

Bumper was off the car for the night for the glue to set then fitted the following evening.

Think it was fitted in about November hence the dark.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

During the fairly hot summer I thought that window tints would help keep some of the heat out
    of my car during the summer (as I park the car in the sun during the day at work):
    Before:

After:

Not the best of comparisions as they were about 2 weeks apart and at completely different times of the day.
    In bright sunlike like above is about the darkest they look.

One of the biggest changes to my car was soon to happen. For a long time I'd been wanting some Irmscher Sport Star
    alloys. Even on my hatchback I wanted some 4 stud 17" ones. Originally I intended on getting some 17s for my coupe
    but after seeing a video of the 18s on a coupe spinning and was able to get a set fairly cheaply second hand there was
    no stopping me!

A mate and I went to near leicester from Exeter to collect them. A few days after getting them
    I got some falken 452s on them and fitted them to the car.

The car looked loads better! Had to get the bumper bracket modified due to the low offset of 38.